Just bought myself a Macbook Pro last week

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Carpy, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

The key with a mac is you don't have to have both. You just have to have one computer. A mac can do the job of a PC.

2. Sappersis

Sappersis "custom user title here"

Sadly there are still some kickass computer games I can't put on my Mac. As soon as its completely compadible I'm mac all the way.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

They already are completely compatible

4. Sappersis

not for some of the older games. They still have problems. There are programs you can add... but i've found the sights are off when the program is running. I'm expecting the next big mac push to completely phase out any of those issues and I'll be good to go.

5. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

If it runs on windows, it will run on mac since it can run windows as well.

6. Sappersis

I realize that... and even before they placed windows on the Mac you could run it through OSX or whatever that crap program was... the problem comes with the targeting. For some unknown reason to me your targeting may sway slightly to the left. This causes a problem if you are matching. I took my mac into the shop for it (thats another thing I love about Mac's... they have a shop) and was informed that its not uncommon and there isn't a fix yet. I've been informed the next major upgrade should fix any minor hitches with the gaming. Like I said Great computers... but not flawless.

7. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

if it runs on windows it will run on mac with out any problems...the apple shop doesnt know what they are talking about. :grrhee:

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

My wife got a macbook a couple of years ago, and has liked it, but we really haven't seen anything to make it worth the extra money. After two years, it's starting to have some serious recurring battery/charge issues, which is distressing.

I have a PC that's about the same age that was half the price that I haven't had any issues with.

As a casual user, I just don't feel it's worth the extra cash if it's still going to be basically worthless in 3+ years. I know, I know, computer companies have no interest in making a computer that lasts, but in that case, why pay more if you don't need the superior firepower?

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

That's the thing. Really a Mac is only worth the money if you're using it for what they're best at- Multimedia.

Otherwise, you just have it to look cute, and because you somehow can't seem to not get viruses. (apparently. Since that's always brought up) I think it's been 10 years since I've had a virus, and I rarely even use a firewall or antivirus protection.

10. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I certainly don't have macs because they are cute. I have always had great success with them so why change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar