just drink the damn kool-aid already people!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've been all over the web and I'm not seeing anything that is saying we have a real, legit shot at winning this game today. We come within a point of beating the Colts and Ravens, two of the afc's best... if we are as bad as they say the Colts and Ravens should have decimated us in the same manner San Diego did. The homers on fansites like this one and elsewhere want to say the Titans cover but fail to win. There is even a thread here that is in the spirit of rooting to lose for the sake of the draft.

Lord help us.

I'm sick and tired of this mentality. We all love to say what amazing stuff Vince Young will do one day. I want to ask, "What about today? Why not right now?" I'm all about drinking the kool-aid today. I see no reason whatsoever the Titans don't go out there and lay it all on the line. We are HUGE underdogs in this game. I've seen as low as 11% and that was on another Titans fan run site.

Today we are the spoiler. I don't know how that term sits with some of you. Our team has heart and grit and according to Peter King is full of psychos. Why not us? Why not now? I think a spoiler is a team that isn't going to the postseason who gets a late season win that hurts a likely playoff bound team. Our win over the Jaguars in 2004 would be a perfect example. The 9-7 finish they turned in was just enough to keep them out.

This game could be that kind of upset. I've been looking forward to this game all week. I'm just so fired up because most of what I've read is saying the Titans hadn't a snow ball's chance in hell of winning... I think that is total garbage. I say never give up! Never lose hope! Keep watching!

Drink The Kool-Aid!!!

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Excellent!!

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I have a good feeling about this one.
    Its obvious our coaches have realized that we can score quick yet never keep our lead. I'm sure something will be done to fix that for tonite's game. I predict aggressive play calling all day.

4. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

On paper this game looks ugly, so I understand a lot of people not being very optimistic. #1 offense versus #32 defense....it could get ugly. I think most people are waiting for another Jags type game with a blowout, but never the less I am going to watch it. It's hard to be enthusiastic when we manage to lose close games with a bad play here or there. You just sit there waiting for the next disaster to happen. I hope we win, yet I am realistic about our chances.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Unless the Eagles lay a turd- it ain't gonna be pretty at the Linc. The match-ups are terrible for us.

If we have any chance- this game is on Bulluck and KVB's back. Schwartz also could keep us in it if HE WILL BLITZ more than every 10th down. Otherwise, expect McNabb to smoke us.

6. mdfan

mdfan Starter

I really think our team stands a chance against any other team

7. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

KOOL-AID!!!:beerbang:
    I'm with you man!!!!!

You wouldn't happen to have any beer flavored would you?

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

There will only be good dark rum and coke today...just to try and stop the pain.

After last week I have lost faith in this coaching staff's ability to finish a game. No way we have the kind of lead early against the eagles....and this team has shown no ability to be a force late in the game and take it home...so until they do win one of those I have to play the pessimist.

Am I encouraged by flashes I have seen?...oh yeah. We have a great platform on which to build a contender. With 41mil in cap space next year I anticipate us pulling in some big name FAs to fill some holes. However, for now...we are young and stepping on our own feet in the effort.

Go Titans.....please no significant injuries....

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm not hoping for a win, but I haven't ruled it out. I think we can go out there and play this game tougher and closer than anyone is expecting us to. I don't know if we can pull it out but I'd love to see it happen. GO TITANS!

10. As the game draws nearer and nearer, I get less and less optimistic, but hey, no way is this game gonna be a blowout, its gonna be closer than a lot of you think...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar