Just got back from game....my thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

First off even though it was a loss that was an amazing game to be at....the 4th quarter was top notch football

-It really is amazing that Hasselbeck has stayed the starter has long as he has....Locker has looked fantastic in every opportunity he's been given....it seems like Fisherball is at is main roots, with the status quo approach to managing and coaching being the main reason....they just won't make the change because he's a rookie and Matt's a vet....Locker looks like a true franchise QB

-CJ...enough said....the 3rd down swing pass where he just ran right into Jenkins was one of the most pathetic plays I've seen in a while....the guy just can't do it unless it's against a bottom 5 defense

-The play calling was as bad as I've seen in a long time....you throw on 3rd and 1 after your rookie comes back into a game after being jacked up and getting injured? Wow just wow....and then the draw when we have no TO's with a minute left? That's unreal

-Defense was fantastic in this game....they really held Brees in check even though his yardage may not suggest it....it's all about points given up, not yards

-Overall we should've won that game on one of those last 2 drives....play calling and CJ were the main reasons for the loss

-If what someone said was right in that if we win out and the Jets and Bengals lose a game each we get in the playoffs, I think we have a real shot at it, especially with Houston resting some of their starters in the last week

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

You forgot to say "it was pathetic, our fans thought they were at a tennis match it was so quiet!"

3. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Locker will be good. Let us not forget that Hasselbeck has probably been our MVP to this point. I would be ok with either starting from here on out, but just remember the awful rookie mistake on the last play before you start the "Fisherball" junk and get too excited for the remaining games.

CJ has never been a "run a guy over" back. He never will be. His foot slipped in the turf on the attempted cut. (It left a huge divot.) .....and it was a really good tackle.

Otherwise, I agree with you.....especially the play calling.

I will add:
    I like Chris Hope but he had (another) bad game. No where to be found on the one TD on his side of the coverage. He was basically standing by the pylon.
    And.....the illegal contact on Graham turned what would have been a punt into a first down. It was stupid and looked unnecessary.

For all the crap Griffith gets, he actually had a pretty good game with a couple of really good stops and hits.

4. TNTitans58

TNTitans58 Rookie

Griffin did play pretty well, especially on screens

No way we're in that game without Locker....Hasselbeck wouldn't have come close to what he did

5. skitch

Whoops. Thought you said he didn't play well. Sorry.

Disagree on the Locker/Hasselbeck thing. There is no way to know.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Saints have the most annoying fans ever. "Who dat" crap got on my nerves today.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Hasselbeck hasn't been our MVP up until this point. He's been great at bringing something our offense has been lacking (the short passing game), but at times he hasn't fit our personnel and our offense has stalled. His numbers have dropped off since Britt went down and he doesn't seem to have the personnel to consistently move the offense.

Locker has sparked the offense with his mobility and his ability to extend plays and drives with his legs. In certain situations where H-Beck would take a sack, Locker can avoid the pressure or run for a first down.

We're definitely a more explosive team with Locker. I think the real decision is do you go with what's safe, or do you take a risk. We need Hasselbeck regardless of who starts. It's great to have 2 QB's in case one goes down. We all saw today the advantage of having depth at the most important position.

My other responses to this thread...

~ CJ didn't lose us the game. Despite his stat sheet, he took what was there and gave effort to try and help us win. He had some catches that extended drives and he broke some tackles today. I call his 2nd to last run a mental mistake rather than a lack of effort or heart. He should've just sprinted towards the sidelines and got the yards.

~ Hope is good in run support but not so much in coverage. Hawkins didn't look too terrible.

~ We're gonna have a good D-Line in a year. Give Jones more time, keep Ball, and get Morgan healthy and Casey and Klug will be forces in the middle.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. skitch

Then who has been the MVP so far?
    CJ- no
    Williams- no
    Washington-no
    I like Locker, but MH has gotten us the wins we have to this point. I don't want people to discount him.

As far as MH taking a sack and JL being able to make a play.....
    Not that I don't agree, but MH would have known to get rid of the ball on that last play and NOT take a sack.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

maybe Morgan can tour BSP this offseason

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar