Just got back from game....my thoughts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TNTitans58, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Best game I've seen at LP Field for years. It was electric. The fans were pumped from the start—got loud and stayed loud.

I think the defense played outstanding for three quarters though not getting off the field on third down was frustrating. They did keep the Saints out of the endzone which is what mattered. Brees is a surgeon. His accuracy is amazing.

The offense has to find a way to get first downs on third down. That has killed the Titans this season. Yeah, we can point fingers at Palmer/Munch for some of the calls but he clearly doesn't trust the OL and CJ to get it done. I'm on board of drafting the nastiest, road-grater guard on the board wherever the Titans pick in the first round.

I appreciated the gut-checks by Washington, Hasselbeck and Locker. Locker is the real deal and the future looks bright. He made a rookie mistake in letting the clock run out but the only reason the Titans had a shot was because of him. He's an impressive kid.

Gotta win out and hope the Bengals and Jets lose one. With the Titans hurting, it's going to be tough. But it's fun having a dog in the hunt this time of the season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I was pleased with the fans yesterday. Aside from the losers who bailed half-way through the 4th quarter as I mentioned in my last post. Everyone in my section (335) was loud and stayed loud right up until the final ticks of the clock.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Were there a bunch of Saints fan there? I was hearing a lot of cheers when they scored. I was only watching on TV so hard for me to tell.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was the best game I've seen at LP in years. I really thought we were going to pull it out. I agree TJ- that Locker should have killed the play with 07 secs left, but it was him that put us in that position to possibly win. He'll learn and we'll be better for it next time.

Palmer continues to disappoint. No surprises, however, I don't recall anybody posting they were excited he is our OC choice. I hope to see new blood for next year. Gray did a great job yesterday. The defense did better than I expected. I saw Griffin busting his tail in particular.

I'd like to see us strengthen both the OL and interior DL next year. We need a disruptive force.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

There were. But not as many as some other posters are making it out to have been. At least it didn't look that way from where I was sitting. They were pretty loud though.

6. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

I noticed on the way home lots of cars with Saints fans and Tn. plates

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

frickin Damn Katrina Yanquees

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I really...I mean really just don't want to be the one win Indy gets this year.....gosh no...no no no....

9. amy

amy Starter

Watched at home; the crowd sounded very loud to me. It's too bad so many left with time on the clock but I admit I did it last night with the Giants/Dallas game. Hubby kept watching and waking me up to tell me the Giants were winning. I didn't mind being awakened to find out the Cowgirls lost!! :D

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I was at a sports bar watching, always a good time when south Americas team loses, expecially like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar