Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I may have messed up one, no big deal. I posted this some time ago, I must have missed Locker.

Of course it is flawed, just like yours is. Of course the number 1 overall pick has more 'value' than the 32, I am of the opinion that you go out and play hard, win games. Then evaluate the talent you have and draft according to that. Throwing games does not show what kind of product you already have.

You win superbowls by drafting WELL, filling the correct positions in free agency and installing a winning atmosphere in the locker room.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Let me try this one more time since its not registering. The draft isn't a science, it's not fool proof, just because you pick in the top ten year in and year out does not mean your team will get better. Ask the Browns, Lions, Raiders, St. Louis, and Jax how all that " value " they've acquired over the years is working out for them.

If you want pro bowlers then god bless, I want and I think most reasonable fans want wins and championships.

All I want out of this draft is more team players that work at their craft and less me players like CJ, Griffin, Britt and Cook that spend time bitching about money and the oline and not getting enough looks blah blah blah.I could honestly give a crap less where we pick in the draft to get that.

3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Nothing in sports is a science. But find me a stat that shows more talent coming out of the back end of a draft then the front. Oh wait, there are none.

Ok, now I'll ask the colts (manning), colts again (Luck), Redskins (RG3), Giants ( Manning), Chargers (Rivers), Cardinals (Fitzegerald), Vikings (Peterson), or Falcons (Ryan) and they'll give the exact opposite answer.

I want championships as well, and to get that, then the team needs to improve and the best chance of doing that is to pick higher in the draft. Not guaranteed, no. But you're wrong to say it doesn't give us a better chance. I'm not saying we should tank the next 5 years away and just keep playing the lottery. But these wins this season are meaningless, they only hurt our chances of future success.

Not only can we pick any player NOT picked with a higher pick, we can also trade that pick away which clearly proves the value of picking higher.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

you know how I know you're gay?

You say if I was a woman you'd bang me.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Male and female intercourse is gay...how?

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Yeah. Totally not gay.

7. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

we'll, at best I would be a bull dyke.

8. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Why do you have Germany's colors as the star?

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm going to take a swing at this if I may.

So there's as many as 256 draft spots (32 picks x 7 rounds) + up to 32 compensatory selections. So let's consider picks 1-128 the front end, and anyone taken after, the back end.

In 2002 there were 17 pro bowlers in the front end of that draft, and 10 pro bowlers from the back end.

That's it' that's my attempt at discrediting your claims.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cause no one likes Nazi's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar