Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

No, it really isn't an excuse it is a reality. 2001 comes to mind.

We simply disagree on the player talent then.

I think you underestimate the value and learning that players (especially young ones) go through by winning and particularly by gaining momentum at the end of the year going into next year.

Losing out and having players with the mindset of "we suck and we are going to suck next year" from January-August is not good imo.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yup we disagree.

I think you overestimate the power of an end of season win streak. We've done it for a while and let's see........we are 4-8 this year. We went 1-4 to start the season. These guys never bought into Palmer- that's the problem. Not sure they have bought what Gray and Munchak are selling either.

You keep wanting to fight a poorly producing field by pulling weeds. Just burn the damn thing, purchase quality seeds and fertilizer. And get a GM that knows how to grow things.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We never once had a winning record this year :disappointed:

we wont end the year winning

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

This is one of the reasons I was so against this coaching staff showing up in 2011. This staff pretty much destroyed the career of Jake Locker if they stick around for 2013

5. World Peace

You are comparing early late 90s early 2000s stats to current football. It's a different game now than it was then. I understand the point you are making but plenty of QBs started out great then faded. I think the sample size is too small and dated. jm2c tho

6. World Peace

Locker deserves more time under a different coaching staff. Under this staff, he might as well request a trade... because he will end up leaving and being someones back up in a few years.

7. JCBRAVE

I was just looking at the games best QB's, didn't even think about how things have changed

8. JCBRAVE

Look at Matthew Stafford aka Mr. 5000 passing yards, his first 7 starts weren't so great

9. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

I've read all the posts on this page, good back-forth stuff guys! I actually agree with all that's been said.
    • I think that its important to try and win regardless, no matter what, and I will never wish for losses - its just that simple. An argument could be made that for a young team going forward, some wins to end the year could definitely help momentum . But the counter could also be said, where they believe for some reason that they are better then they are and just started out bad, so they get complacent in the offseason.
    • I don't really care about the first 7 starts of a QB. However, if you are to compare Locker to QBs, I would think more recent QBs would be a better comparison (i.e. Cam, Gabbert, RG3, Luck, etc...). Then you would cross that with the current elites when they first started - however, still weighting more to the 'new age' guys (it really is a different game now).
    • I do care to get a ring, and Locker's still def got potential (i.e. very young, crap coaching, etc...) - but regardless I have not seen enough from him to believe he can lead us to the promise land... Dude consistently struggles with the most basic passes (short curls, screens, slants, etc...) - practicing and playing for idn 10/15+ years that should be easy, not sure another 10 years will make a difference...

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So there isn't one player you would keep around or what?

I mean, regardless of opinion we are not going to be fielding 22 new starters next season so some of these guys have to continue for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar