Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?

Would you prefer the Titans lose out to possibly get a higher draft pick?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2012.
Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick. 27 vote(s) 45.0%
No. You play to win the game. 26 vote(s) 43.3%
I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll. 7 vote(s) 11.7%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
  1. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    No not fickle. It was time for fisher to go. I was one among a few that never understood all the fisher hate that was spewed. Munchak is cut from the same mould as fisher only less talented IMO. That is why I didn't like the hire/handoff.
  2. RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $43,091
    If Fisher ever wins a Super Bowl, I'll kill myself.
    cdubbs2121 high fives this.
  3. SlidePiece Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,445
    You really like to throw that record out there, don't you? If Houston didn't gift wrap that last game for us, you'd look pretty stupid every time you brought it up. So are you going to use last years record for your arguments after this season?
  4. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,036
    9-7 with losses to Indy (picked 1st), and Jacksonville (picked 5th) is supposed to make us forget about fisher? Makes me want to puke, but that's about it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 As old as Titan.

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,496
    I have a great idea for all you fools rooting against the Titans and whining about the good ole Fisher days...

be Rams fans. There is room on the DBC bandwagon. You won't be missed.
    Scarecrow high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 As old as Titan.

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,496
    Awww I'm so sorry that our 9-7 record bothers you so much. I know you'd be a lot happier if we had been 0-16 as you enjoy the Titans losing.
  5. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    For all you fools that are enamored with immediate gratification, get used to sub 500 seasons for years to come if a major overhaul doesn't occur.

Losing out really worked out poorly for Indy didn't it. They have beat us 2 games straight now AND they are ahead of us in their re-build.

Winning the last few games to salvage our records in the past years has really worked out for us hasn't it?

High pick = more options to build to your team. It's that simple. I don't like losing the same way I don't like being operated on. But sometimes you have to hurt a little to get better in the long run. Too bad we can't soften the harshness of that lesson for some with a lollipop or a trip to the "treasure chest".
    cdubbs2121, SlidePiece and TheSureThing high five this.
  6. Riverman That may be....

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,943
    And besides, I think most people, including myself, aren't so much saying to "throw games" away but rather let all the young talent play to evaluate for next year. Winning isn't the priority in games any more but rather, seeing who is worth keeping is.
    TheSureThing high fives this.
  7. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    For you guys hoping we lose out and get a high draft pick, it's coming so don't worry, you'll get what you want.

This team is in the hole so deep no one other than Locker seems to be smiling, and I feel like he's just putting on a face for the fans, no way he's happy about how things have gone. Everyone sounds depressed and confused. You can't win with a bunch of guys scratching their heads looking for answers.

There is a major lack of confidence in our locker room.
    cdubbs2121 high fives this.
  8. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,634
    We're fools for wanting to win? Get out of here with that.

You ever hear the phrase "1 game at a time"? That's what all the Super Bowl teams say on their way to greatness.

You make some good points, but are the Colts and their weak schedule the only team you have? They lost to Jacksonville, nearly lost to Cleveland. They didn't beat us, we beat us. And what about the Lions, Browns, Raiders, and all the other teams who are always picking in the top 10..... How has that worked out for them?

Point is, it's more important for our team to learn how to win. That can be accomplished now so that next year will matter more.

If you're a serious fan and want next year to be a good one, you've got to deal with whats in front of you, not run away and think "next year".