Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Tell him you want us to lose

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm like Snoop Dogg -- all I do is win baby, win.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So let me be clear about something Riverman said...

It's time to blow it up again and start over with a rebuild with new coaches and new players. And we will be at least 3 years out from making the playoffs.

So since higher draft picks are more important than any wins, people like slidepiece and TheSureThing and Riverman will want us to go 0-16 for the next two seasons to get the better draft picks, right?

And even after two 0-16 seasons you will want to keep the coaches and players because the third year is when we make the playoffs? Or do you blow it up again at that point and root for 0-16 seasons to get the better draft pick?

I'm confused. At what point are we supposed to want the Titans to win games?

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

The next 2 seasons are meaningful games. These next 4 are not meaningful in terms of Wins and losses.

No one is saying we should tank. We are saying we should play the young, undoubtedly less talented guys, to develop them because winning doesn't matter, and losing actually helps us in the draft.

IMO, any time you've been eliminated from the playoffs. It's time to play for the future. Play the young players, gameplan to their strengths, try to improve but not necessarily win at all costs.

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

:clap: Well said. I mirror those same sentiments. Well done sir. :clap:

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Wrong.

[​IMG]

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So even though you have previously said that it will take multiple years of rebuilding before we could make the playoffs, you want us to play to win to start next season? Why?

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

cause you never no sahn

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's frustrating how this team gives me false hope year in and year out. I'm always pumped at the games early in the season... and equally pumped for the away games that I watch on TV. I've received complaints from neighbors for being too loud during our games.

As soon as we lost to the Jags, I became apathetic and have a hard time getting into the games. When I watch us play the Colts Sunday, it will basically be like I'm an NFL fan watching a random team. I won't be yelling at the TV like I do the first half of the season.

I was planning on taking a road trip to Indy and Green Bay this year. Damn this team for killing my fun and making me bail on those trips.

I still have faith that we will be competitive in a few years... one can hope.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The two are independant. I do believe it will take us multiple years to sniff the playoffs especially with a new FO and probably new coaches. As we've said before, the intent isn't to lose intentionally but rather the main interest is to evaluate younger players for next year. Winning doesn't matter as much as that does. You get a higher pick as a perk (or consolation) and certainly that helps a rebuild.

Next year is a new year. If our new franchise is knocked out of playoff contention next year and we have a young core that is showing signs for the future then maybe they do try to win out. Hopefully our cupboards won't be so bare next year and we won't need to re-stock like we do this year.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar