Just Lose, Baby

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Maker_84, Dec 3, 2012.

?
  1. Yes. Wins mean nothing now. I want the higher pick.

45.0%
  2. No. You play to win the game.

43.3%
  3. I'm indifferent. I barely care enough to answer this poll.

11.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Pretty sure the Colts are happy they sucked balls last year.

Also pretty sure Redskins fans are happy their team sucked enough balls to be able to pull off a trade for RG3.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

poor Brownies

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey they were just talking about Vince Young as a Titan on MNF lol

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

How is this even relevant?

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Our 9-7 record did nothing for our team chemistry and attitude this year!! In no way would we be any worse off if we had gone 2-14 last year, opposed to the 9-7. Meaningless wins are meaningless.

No playoffs equals a failure of a season. 8-8 may as well be 1-15. In the end, that year is remembered as a failure. I didn't feel any better that we blew the opportunity for playoffs last year, then promptly regressed into a terrible franchise this year.

All the regular season is good for is to see who gets into the playoffs. You play to make the playoffs, once you're officially out, all games are moot. There are no consolation prizes in football. No NIT tournament in the NFL. No honorable team mention. You get in or you don't. Everything else is fruitless. Fans are well aware of that, and that's why tickets can be had for under 10 dollars now.

6. TheSureThing

It's really not...

here's some stats to prove it.

Last 7 drafts (2005-2011) 1st round picks (excluding 2012)

Probowlers picked in the top 12 selections of all 7 drafts combined: 31, 31 of 84 or 37% of picks turned out to be probowlers

Prowbowlers picked in selections 13-32 of all 7 drafts combined: 35, 35 of 140 or 25% of picks turned out to be probowlers

Probowlers picked ANY selection not in the top 12 in drafts 2005-2009 combined: 84, 84 of 1,213 players or 6% of picks.

just saw your other post about superbowl rings in the 6th round or whatever. Are you serious? You wanna count superbowl rings from 1st round quarterbacks versus late round quarterbacks?

You can't justify your stance at all. There's not a stat in the world that helps your argument, which to me means that its not even debatable because you have no case. You're just mad the actual smart decision for this franchise moving forward would be to end up 4-12.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Cool story bro, I'm not mad at all actually. You made a case for Pro Bowlers ( the 1 game in the NFL that means absolutely nothing ) and I made a case that there's talent all over the draft, it's a gamble, some pan out, some don't. A high pick guarantees nothing other than your team sucked the year before. You've made it clear you don't care if this team sucks or not, I do, that's why I root for them every week and that's why you jock for a high draft pick.

Just saw Scarecrows post, that's pretty cut and dry isn't it?

9. TheSureThing

First of all, I'm trying to figure out how accurate your stats are. TN- 2? Locker, Young, Pacman...

Second, This logic is flawed. You're saying good teams/superbowl teams don't pick in the top 10, which is obvious. But it does not relate to the argument that there is more value at the top of the draft then there is further down the draft board, there are so many more variables that go into winning a superbowl then 1st round picks.

10. TheSureThing

My original statement had nothing to do with wins or losses. The statement was there is more value at the top of the draft then there is at the bottom. Stats back that up, trade history backs that up.

You'll never see a team trade 4 picks (2 firsts) to move DOWN in a draft like the skins did for RG3. That should tell you all you need to know about where the value is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar