just pay haynesworth what he wants.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ya'll need to leave my baby boy alone:gag:

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

No one said that. Someone said he was more valuable than VY, I assume in relation to their contracts.

3. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

We definetly need to keep Bulluck, if anything get rid of Fowler we got Tully. I can assure you this, Albert and Keith are very close if Albert leaves via FA next year Keith is gone, Bank on it

4. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

Why would you assume that? Bulluck has been here longer than AL. I don't think his decsion would come down of if Al was here or not.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

6. vslyke

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I started this, so I'll explain.

I'm no capologist, but this team has several significant contracts for the next few years. Roos and Stewarts' contracts added to a significant group of vets. To keep Albert, we'll have to give him a HUGE chunk of money (I don't think anyone disputes that). To re-up Bulluck, we'll have to do the same thing, just on a slightly smaller scale. I don't think we can, or more accurately, will, do that. I think the cap burn from just a few years ago still burns for Bud, and I doubt he'll let us take that kind of path again. I read something this week saying that Vince's contract is most manageably cut at the end of next season. If we really want to keep our D together, we could cut ties there and go the Chicago and Baltimore route of investing in our defense. I'm pretty sure the year after that is when KVB and Hope's contracts run out as well. We're going to have to make some tough decisions at some point, and I think the next step is a decision about Albert/Keith/Vince. I just think that their fates could be more closely connected than we've talked about.

8. vslyke

OK. I see your point. By that time, we should know if VY is going to pan out. I believe that is the year that KVB, Hope, and Thornton's contracts run our. Maybe Harper too (he'll be done then).

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Remember, there is the next CBA which has to be worked out or we go uncapped in 2010. The Titans get a second franchise tag if that happens so could use one on Bulluck if it goes into effect the same time free agency begins.

Just as a reminder of what happens if the NFL goes uncapped in 2010:
    • The top eight playoff finishers from the previous season would be allowed to sign free agents only at the rate at which they lose them.

• Players would need six NFL seasons to be eligible for free agency, rather than four.

• Each team would be allowed to restrict two eligible free agents with "franchise" or "transition" player tags, rather than one.

Bulluck will be close to 32 when his contract ends. I think that it would be tough to give him another long-term deal unless the Titans are in the hunt for a Super Bowl.

10. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If we have to cut Vince to keep Bullock, and Haynesworth. Best of luck to ya Vince!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar