Just sign Steve

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

A couple months ago, I felt that it might be best for this organization if Steve and the Titans parted ways

I have changed my thinking after the Titans drafted Young

Now I think that restructuring Steve's contract and getting him back on board should be a priority.

I don't know if too much damage has been done for Steve to "forgive" the Titans and come back for another couple years, but I hope all the crudola about how badly we treated him has been blown out of proportion and Steve didn't take it as hard as the so called experts have told us how badly the Titans treated him.

Of course if the Titans resign McNair, you wonder what will happen with Billy

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It's out of our hands... that much is for sure. I'll accept whatever happens. I do know that I would rather have McNair than Kerry Collins. (Be sure to check Smack Central for new Collins smack)

Here is what scares me...

Young working with his mentor not a guarantee

The Alternative (story by Jim Wyatt)

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I'll continue to believe a deal with McNair will get worked out. We'll probably have to live through more garbage between now and when it happens but I think it is still in the best interests of both sides to get something done.

4. Toly

Toly Free your mind

Despite of all the comments and rumors about the Titans lack of interest to sign McNair, I do believe that it was/is a priority for them, no matter what QB they would have picked in the draft. But if McNair doesn't restructure his contract, he won't get signed. It's as simple as that. So, just like with the Eddie George situation, it's up to McNair to decide whether he wants to stay or leave, not the Titans.

5. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Mcnair to return to Titans

"Mcnair to return to Titans" That was the graphic the NFL channel put on the screen last night at about 10:45 pm
    They did a little story saying that they had talked with the Titans Org and they assured them that Steve would be returning to the Titans this season

6. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Just in case Steve has an inkling to read these boards:

STEVE!! DUDE!! WORK IT OUT!! THEY GOT SOME HELP FOR YOU, BUT WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM!! REWORK THE CONTRACT!! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah Steve. We'll eat at your restaurants, attend your camps and buy our sporting goods from you if you stay. If you leave, well, ask Eddie how his Nashville businesses are doing.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

We got him his pupil and Eddie 2.0. How could he not come back?

9. Triumph

Triumph I keed, I keed...

Who? Who will wonder? Are you his cousin or something?

10. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Yeah we're cousins. You mean you didn't know? People who know us say we really favor each other too.

:winker:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar