Just think in two weeks Pacman might be allowed to return to practice.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

also I believe Tank Johnson was serving his 8 game suspension when he got the DUI arrest- so that tells me their is always a chance...

2. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Am I to take this as an argument against complaining about corporate misconduct unless one is a shareholder?

How does that work exactly?

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it seems like just yesterday someone dubbed me Mr. 5000

I guess I'm just saying that the Titans are privately held. Maybe it would be different if we were talking about the Packers. It's Buds team. He can employ any number of scum bags he chooses, right? It's all about the structure of the organization. A manufacturer like Boeing has bound to have a lot of people on a board representing a wide variety of interests. The Titans organization is much smaller and far less political. Defense contracts involving taxpayer dollars aren't at stake. The only argument I'm making is that Adams can do or not do pretty much whatever the hell he chooses to. He may think he has a bad pick in Jones but it's obvious that he believes there is upside. If he's ok with the way Fisher handles his women then fine. An aircraft manufactuer is just different than a pro football team.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Have you read or heard anything to make you believe that there is even a remote possibility that occured? Why wouldn't Pac and his legal team want that information to leak to the media to improve Pac's image?

First of all, picking up dollars thrown is a stripper's job. Do you really think Pacman ran around and told every stripper, "hey i'm about to throw thousands in the air; but it's just for show and I expect to pick it all back up"... No. Who the hell in his right mind would carry that much cash into a strip club anyway.

And, basically, to answer your question... yes. It's not like Pac was gonna be out on the street begging for change the next day. There are times to start fights, and there are times to walk away. Pac created the chaos inside the strip club (seperate from the shooting incident, I am not confusing the two). Pacman should've spoken to management and owners of the club, not acted like a little ***** when a stripper did the exact thing she has been doing every night she worked there.

Next time I go to Christie's in nashville, I'll be sure to throw some dollars to the girl dancing, then go crazy and get pissed when she picks them up. I mean, what gives her the right?

6. Alex1939

Please provide me a link to that.

That's also total bull**** advice. How does Pacman showing remorse or sadness at what happened indicate guilt? I don't think so. Bad PR advice if I've ever heard it.

It really doesn't matter. If Pacman had guts and felt he was innocent and wrongly suspended he shoulda continued to fight regardless of any "coercion" or promises Goodell may or PROBABLY DIDN'T make. Pac could've used that against goodell. You can speculate all you want, but that doesn't make any of it fact.

7. Alex1939

The Titans are also accountable to the NFL. And in the analogy we've made in this thread, consider Goodell the "shareholders". His job is to protect the interest of the league, not just the Titans.

Yes, of course there is a difference between the two. But both are, at the core, businesses.

Adams can do pretty much whatever the hell he wants, in accordance with NFL rules and regulations.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

LOL, do you know how long it's been since those articles were released??? You can buy them if you want to at $2.95 each.

Right back atcha.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It was the DJ that announced to the dancers that they weren't to pick up the money. There were several different reports on what happened anyway. Some reports (the same that said he was biting people, which turned out to be a lie via DNA testing) said that the stripper started to pick the money up, and Pacman hit her. Others said that that his wife or girlfriend started fighting with the stripper, and he broke up the fight. A third set of reports said that it was two strippers fighting over the money, and he broke up the fight. Remember being on your soapbox, preaching about speculation???

I believe he might have said that he was sorry that what happened to Urbanski happened to him in an ESPN interview out of Tunica, MS (the same interview where he first announced his appeal). I'm not 100% about that though, and again, I'll leave it to you to find these obsolete articles and interviews. Again, he was advised by his lawyers not to be sympathetic, as it would indicate guilt, which is something you don't want to do when facing felony charges.

10. Alex1939

My point on this is simple. Whatever happened at the strip club, Pacman had plenty of opportunity to defuse, calm, stop the situation from escalating into a fight in the strip club. He did not do that from any report or story that I heard.

Once again, how does showing sympathy indicate guilt? I would think it would do much the opposite.

I stand by what I said. If this is the advice his lawyers gave him it's bunk.

No one knows what happened at the meeting between Goodell and Pacman. We all know for fact that Pacman dropped his appeal of the suspension. It's always made me wonder why so many people want to defend and talk about how unfair the suspension is, when Pacman himself won't appeal it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar