Just watched the Texans game for the first time

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TBaker34, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

Wow we got screwed many times by the refs in this game. There should have been two personal fouls calls that should have been made in the fourth. One being a roughing the passer and the other when Cushing and someone else threw CJ to the ground about ten feet out of bounds. That is 30 yards right there. Im not even got start of the crap interference call on the bobbled punt. That is probably the worst rule I have ever heard of.

I made myself even more mad after watching the game. The fight was crap as well. There should have been at least two Texan players thrown out. The Jones "punch" wasnt even a punch really, he just pushed someone. That was complete bullcrap. I really appreciate all of the fans appluading Jones when he ran off.

I still cant stomach watching the Kerry fumble on the last drive. It makes me want to vomit.

We really need to fix something on defense. I dont know if our DBs are being told to play 10 yards off but something needs to change. We are being too conservative with our defensive plays. Would love to see more blitzing.

One thing I would like to see our offense try is the wildcat formation. Have VY line up WR and have CJ and Ringer/Lendale in the backfield, with Nate out as WR as well. I think we would have a lot of success in the wildcat. We could run WR reverses for VY and that way he could have the option of throwing or running.

I know most of this has been said before but just wanted to express what I felt about it.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I forgot all about the CJ thing. That was absolutely ridiculous that they didn't throw a flag.

We played miserably though. No excuses.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Texans are cheaters.

4. latiger12

latiger12 Camp Fodder

I agree, no excuses, but those are calls that just should not be missed. CJ looked great in the loss. Hopefully we can get back to the swarming D we played in week one.

5. TygerNeo

TygerNeo Camp Fodder

We lost cuz our secondary couldn't stay with the Texan receivers, plain and simple. Blaming the loss on the refs is just girly.

6. TBaker34

TBaker34 Starter

I never blamed the refs for the loss. I was just pointing out some things that were big calls in the fourth. I didnt think I needed to go into detail about how bad our secondary was. I thought that was pretty clear.

7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

You can't blame our LOSS on the refs, because their officiating was equally butt-crack for both teams. That doesn't absolve their epic incompetence though.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Blah if we need 35+ points to win a game then our D didnt show up.

9. Coov

Coov Starter

Even with all that we failed to do defensively we still had an opportunity to win it. It was a chance for the offense to pull the D out of the hole. We are so used to it being the other way around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar