Justin Blackmon suspended 4 games

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Smash, Apr 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Took PEDs and still sucked lol

[​IMG]

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

a 5 yard KW hook was the running game for much of 2012. Hard too get YAC or even YPR when that is the primary route you are asked too run.

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, Kendall Wright did what was asked of him last year. Hard to fault him for what he was told to do. Sure he had some drops and whatnot, but overall I think he played very well for a rookie in a garbage offense.

I think we'll see a different Kendall Wright this year.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Kendal Wright will show he's got the best hands on the team, Hunter included.

5. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

As with Cook. His primary route was a hook over the middle... It was so bad...

Thing is I said it recently in another thread, I want KW in that role. I, unlike all of you I guess, see him as just that. 100 Rec. guy, our Mason/Wes. I'm not saying he can't break one, or that he shouldn't be given the chance, but to be honest, with Britt/Hunter we have our deep threats and end-zone targets.

I also really hope we hold on to all three of those (relatively young) guys. I want them to grow together. And I really think for either Jake (or if he flops, the next guy) that's all we need.

KW dropped some passes, but your right, he's been pretty good. I distinctively remember it was b/c Jake was darting them all over the place, he really struggled with shorter targets especially. He could soon have the best hands, but actually as of now I'd rank Nate the most sure handed followed by probably D-Will then closely on his heels KW.

Nate had a serious case of 'dropsies' when he first arrived, but the past 2 or 3 years he's been the best in terms of catching.

As for Hunter, I read a lot about his mental lapses and recent drops his last year, you know, post ACL and all. Everyone says prior to that he was arguably Tenn's best catcher. So if he returns to form, he can definitely join that discussion. But for now, I'll have to wait and see...

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I just remember Jake throwing some slants that led Kendall a bit too much and watching Kendall lay out to make the catch anyways. it wasn't even so much that he made the catch it's how he did it. There's a certain way sure-handed receivers catch the ball that's hard to put into words. It's like they never think dropping the ball is even a possibility.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nope, you are NOT mistaken! No sire-bob.

Wright is a good WR, IDC that you disliked the pick, so you can stop reminding me.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

On the hunter part, I think it mirrors Brit pretty well. He had great reliable hands then last year he was double catching everything. Worried about planting wrong and getting hurt. Hopefully this year that's all gone and the confidence is back, with both of them.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hunter reminds me a lot of Britt. Similar size, both tore their ACL's in 2011, both left school early, they even kinda lookalike.

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

LOL. Not at all! Britt was a much more physical WR. He could get off of press coverage really well and ran sharp crisp routes. Hunter just has decent top end speed and can jump out the roof!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar