Justin Gage

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dangerousone, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Notice LenDale played better when he wasn't on the team. Obviously wasn't distracted by the thought of food. :grrhee:

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not delusional to the point I think Gage could be Chad Johnson but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility he could be comparable to a healthy David Givens. In fact, Gage might be a good guy to extend before the season ends. I wouldn't give him Given's money but he is worth keeping IMO. Gage right now looks like a better keeper than Brandon Jones who we had high hopes for but he is dropping balls and also seems to get hurt quite a bit.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't know if I would want Gage back next season though. With Givens coming back.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

we might as well go into this off-season assuming givens isn't coming back. AND why would we get rid of our most productive receiver who appears to have a pretty good rapport with our qb?

5. ncaalover12

ncaalover12 Starter

That's what the Titans always do, duh

6. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

If Gage goes screw the Titans.
    Gage and Roydell both deserve to stay.
    As far as I'm concerned Brandon Jones can go...
    We need to revamp our whole receiving core

7. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I think we should keep B. Jones for one more year. Mason didn't break out until his 4th year, and often this is true for WR (taking 3-4 years to become good).

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously Gage has a huge advantage over Givens, he can run and cut and Givens might not ever be decent again.

However what if Givens can make it back close to his pre-injury ability? Him and Gage both would be a couple of solid WRs. I'd still like to see us go after Berrian but my patience is wearing thin for Brandon Jones and even R. Williams to some extent (I'd rather have Berrian out there way more than Jones or Williams). I might be wrong but I don't see Davis being much either unless he can vastly improve his strength and even then I see him as a 4th WR who can return and not a major contributor. Who knows what P. Williams will bring, maybe nothing so whatever we get out of him is gravy.

The thing with Gage is he looks like he is becoming a solid NFL WR right now. We need guys who can play now. I'd be happy with two former Bears, Gage and Berrian as our #1 and #1 WRs.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Givens may never be the same. Few receivers are productive after such a long recovery for at least a full season. I assume the Titans will move forward as if he may never be the #1.

I don't see the Titans getting rid of Jones next season but he may not get as high a tender offer as we thought he might a year ago.

I'm thinking we'll see Moulds gone by either an early draft pick or, more likely, a free agent.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So what's the difference between him and Bobby Wade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar