Justin Hunter: Superstar in the making or a Devery Henderson?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GeronimoJackson, Dec 9, 2013.

1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Starter

Do you think Hunter will eventually be a bonafide star receiver that will put up 1200 yards consistently, can go over the middle and move the chains? Or is he just a highlight reel that isn't a true number one receiver nor an every down player who's only good for a deep threat every now and then?
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be....

We'll see how he develops. Thus far, I have my concerns that he isn't physically framed to be a super stud WR. It's rare for WRs to be studs their first year or two.
  3. crypta333

crypta333 Special Teams Standout

He is the real deal, if he can stay healthy. I think he will just continue to get better. He will fill out some too and put some weight on.
  4. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Starter

I really don't know. All I can do is hope.
  5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Starter

His build isn't too much different than Randy Moss...a lot of comparisons to Moss before draft as well. He's got a long way to go to be Moss but if he continues to develp and be developed properly he could be very good.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

It really depends on how he is coached up. Right now, he has the receiver opposite of him to ease up some space. The question is, will he ever get the QB or the system?
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

A mix of Jerry Rice and Calvin Johnson.
  8. Big TT

Big TT Pro Bowler

At this point I will take any bright spot I see...he looks to be a good route runner, good, but not great hands, fast and can out jump any db....for a titans wr I will take it. To think we wasted his first 5 games waiting on brittany to get his head out of his ass.
  9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

He has a very AJ Green like build. I think he will be a superstar but like Green don't expect to see him go over the middle very often. Doesn't mean he can't be a superstar if he doesn't run a ton of crossing routes in the middle of the field. CJ is about the only 6'5 receiver with the frame to do so.
  10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ® Tip Jar Donor

Can't you just enjoy watching what he's doing without overanalyzing it?
    He's doing great for a rookie on a team with no running game and a inaccurate QB.
    • High Five High Five x 3