Justin McCareins agrees to 1 year deal with Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I think you can attribute the low offensive ranking more to Chow and his comatose scheme than Vince and his lack of weapons

Heimi will get us downfield, I believe the most points we ever scored in a season was with Heimi

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i'd be thrilled if we were consistently in low the 20's rather than the mid teens....

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Where are the rest of the receivers that we need to be competitive people!! We still lacking power on that department...:banned:

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I hear we are shifting from catching bricks to dodging wrenches...

[​IMG]

"Nessary......is it nessary that I drink my own urine?"

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Only necessary you spell necessary correctly. :brow:

6. Nine

Nine Starter

Everyone is hoping the Titans will get a guy who is proven who can come in and immediately upgrade the passing game. I say that guy is already here.

Mike Heimerdinger.

Everywhere he's been, Dinger has taken relatively anonymous WR's and turned them into top-notch players. Rod Smith, Ed McCaffrey, Derrick Mason, Jerricho Cotchery, Brandon Marshall....all were second-day picks or UDFA's, and Dinger turned them into Pro Bowl caliber players.

It seems like a lot of people are ready to cut the entire receiving corps and start from scratch. Personally, I'm betting there's at least one 1000-yard receiver already on the roster.....it's just a matter of Dinger figuring out which guy it is and bringing it out of him.

Hey.....that's what the guy does.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We had two 700+ yard WRs last year who weren't even the every down WRs until the 2nd half of last year. Add to the equation Chow's ineptness especially at getting us into the end zone. We aren't as bad at WR as people keep saying we are and the only way to really upgrade the group is to trade for a 10 mil a year guy which probably isn't going to happen. Nobody in FA would have been the answer and we would still have VY at QB.

Dinger should improve the play calling and scheme and hopefully we can settle on three WRs to get the bulk of the playing time. I think with Crumpler and Scaife we have two TEs that can give us some offense and scores.

We should be OK if we can maintain or improve our running game.

8. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Darrell Jackson .

9. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Desean Jackson .

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Actually, that guy's name is "Vince Young".

If he improves his decision-making, I think the passing game makes a huge jump which impacts the running game, the quality of our receivers and gives Dinger more options with the offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar