Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DeutschTitan, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

It's been discussed that Mangini doesn't necessarily care for our boy JMac. From what I remember, JMac had developed nicely into a good deep threat and seemed reliable during Mac's MVP year. He was also attributed, along with 'Dinger and the vertical O, for Mac's MVP success that year.

Watching the game today, we have no deep threat. If JMac gets cut, should we bring him back in and more importantly - would we do so if that happened? Instead of drafting one and not knowing what we would be getting, why not bring in someone who is proven and that we know what he's capable of doing?

2. I'd consider it, but honestly I do have to wonder if was a product of the system that we no longer run. He was a great deep threat. But is he better suited for Dinger's offense than Chow's?

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

The system question is one I was going to throw in there, but I wanted to see if anyone else thought the same. Honestly, does Chow really dis-like the deep ball or is it because we don't have a particular player, a deep threat if you will, who can go get it? It would be nice to see us go more than 20 yards. Did Chow ever use the deep ball at USC?

4. We do throw the deep ball. But Dinger's offense lived on it, and JMac did too. I just wonder if he can thrive running a lot of shorter routes. He certainly hasn't done squat in NY.

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Jmac is nothing more than recycled garbage. He's done nothing since he left here. He got his big contract, (better than Drews), but he has been outplayed by Drew.

6. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Hmm thinking about it now, I can see why he has fallen out of favor there. Chad doesn't have an arm and as I'm writting this I'm watching the highlights of the Jets game and there's nothing but short throws. So to answer your question - I guess not. Probably better to hang on to what we have and see what Givens can do.

7. Givens won't do much next year because of the knee injury. And if Drew doesn't re-sign, they'll need a starter opposite Brandon Jones.

If I could sign JMac cheap for 1 or 2 years, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't give him any big money.

8. Nine

Nine Starter

No deep threat?

In the second quarter, Drew Bennett was wide open 30+ yards down the field; on the next possession, Brandon Jones had Rashean Mathis beaten by a good five yards for an easy TD. Unfortunately, Vince misfired badly on both of them, overthrowing Drew by a good 5 yards, and underthrowing Brandon by 5-10 yards.

When Vince settles down and starts hitting these deep throws more consistently, I suspect that the team's struggles to stretch the field will suddenly fix itself.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So, lemme see if I got this straight...

You're saying that JMac would be worthless to us because he can only catch deep balls, and couldn't run a short route or slant.

If I have this right, you're also suggesting that since Mangini doesn't like him and because he was underused the last two seasons, he must be worthless in spite of his previous contributions in Tennessee.

Have I about nailed it?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He could very much be a system player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar