Justin McCareins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I keep hearing that we are still trying to sign Justin McCareins. Is there a reason for this? Is he any better than lackluster group we have now?
    I don't see Justin as curing our WR needs. Or is it that we are trying to get him cheap?

2. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I just don't understand the utter disgust you guys keep spewing about JMac. He's a veteran who can stretch the field, who will go up in the air and fight for balls. That's something our receivers have not done so far. So right there, that shows you he is an upgrade, to a degree. Plus, he knows the system and has actually produced quite well in the role I mentioned above, in this system. On top of that, he'll come cheap....cheaper than Hackett or B. Johnson.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

McCareins left town with no offer
    from a coach ad OC that both know him well

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

You don't know that. Look at Scott, as an example. He left town saying they were AGES away in terms of money. Yet we don't hear anything about him after that and this morning he's signed for less than what Bell got. I think JMac will lighten up to our offer once he sees the Skins and Bears idea of what he's worth.

5. DJB

DJB Starter

I dont see the point of signing him. They want to upgrade the position...not keep adding to the parade of B-Team WRs

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

The Titans allowed Justin McCareins to leave without a contract.
    Not a good sign. Coordinator Mike Heimerdinger and Jeff Fisher coached McCareins during his best years in the league and the Titans aren't rich in receiver talent. What McCareins put on film in 2007 may have turned them off.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=860

7. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

Agreed! We have a bunch of guys on the roster with the same skill set.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

if we sign him ultra cheap, i wouldn't be that mad. its better than nothing. but if this is their idea as our number one reciever, they are sadly mistaken.

9. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Johnson/Hackett/Carter in that order any other WR can walk.

10. scottieboy97

scottieboy97 Guest

both alge and scott left without contracts and we signed both of them so i dont think that really matters... the only reason jevon got a contract so soon was because he was really cheap and almost desperate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar