K Rackers signs with Texans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvhere

Shanvhere Elite

Former Arizona Cardinals kicker Neil Rackers reached agreement Monday night with the Houston Texans on a two-year, $4.1 million contract, according to a league source.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5058753

Oh no they have their kicker now, they should win that 2-3 games now.

2. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Brilliant!!! :rolleyes:

Probably more true than you know given Kris Brown's FAIL a couple of times last year. Truth be told, I have a feeling that he will still be the PK for us next year.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

That's alot of money for him, being a kicker and all.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's a good kicker. Definitely an improvement over Brown IMO.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Why?? Both have FAIL on their respective resumes, Granted, Brown had a bad season to be sure. However, Brown's contract (given the extension he got a year or so ago) is pretty heftyy. Fortunately, people in the NFL can be cut, so the competition between Brown and Rackers is actually well recieved, here. Personally, at the end of the day I think Brown will be the PK this season. That said, something Brown has never had here, is competition. Maybe that alone will get him out of having the yipps from last season.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Or add to the pressure and he will fold. Either way I think Rackers is a better kicker.

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Signed,

A missed 32 yarder in OT v SF. ;)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Rackers was 16 of 17 last year in 14 games (injury?)
    Brown was 21 of 32, 5 of which were under 40 yards.

10. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Starter

Gunny, You're spot on if you compare last season, v. last season. If you look at both their careers as a whole body of work.... well things change...

Funny... the offseason is sooo taxing that we have to discuss kickers to pass the time until the season starts....

:D

I'm out, but I'll check in soon.. Hope you had a Happy Easter and I'll be back soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar