Kaepernick trade might be the opportunity

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanUpB4UGO, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

....to trade out of the No.1 spot.
    Kaepernick's agents request permission to seek trade - NFL.com

The one QB that fit's Kelly's system, in this draft, is Carson Wentz. Many draftnicks are mocking Wentz to Cleveland. If Kelly is sold on Wentz, he will have to trade with us to get him. He might settle for Paxton Lynch, though...who doesn't appear to me, to have as big of an arm as some have claimed.

If nothing else, perhaps it scares Cleveland enough to seek to trade up with us, to insure no team sweeps in at the last moment and takes the QB they want. In that case, I'd take a 2nd and OT Joe Thomas

• Troll Troll x 1
  2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

A 2nd and Joe Thomas for the #1 pick?

Jesus...

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

You are just.....****....

possibly the worst outcome imaginable.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

i think he means the 2nd, but I don't care enough to edit my above post.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Browns won't trade to move one spot.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It would be a Browns move...

But if they love only one QB and are convinced someone is trying to trade up with us, they may make offers.

I think the Wentz hype is absurd. Most out of nowhere hype since Blaine Gabbert. Not saying he'll be THAT bad, but a few months ago no one knew anything about him and all the sudden he's an amazing prospect? Nope. Hype train. Goff is better.

7. Meow

Meow Starter

I don't keep up with FCS football much at all but even I have known who Wentz was for the past couple years. He has been talked about quite a bit and he's a dang good QB, probably the best option this year for a QB needy team IMO.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Browns are as bad as we are, except that we have a QB. Theyre doing the same thing we are and hoping they can slide back and stockpile picks. But yes they are the Browns so its entirely possible they do the wrong thing when their pick is up.

9. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

A few interesting things about the teams that could covet Wentz....

Trent Baalke was a graduate assistant and defensive line coach at North Dakota State. So you know that he has been watching what Wentz has been doing much closer than any other GM over the past few years.

The Cowboys coached Wentz at the Senior Bowl and so they have a little better feel for how coachable he is and what type of leader he can be.

I still really doubt that someone trades up for him, but if Kap is out in San Fran then they really could try and make that move

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Niners do have the most picks in the draft, so its possible they feel a need to move up, but youd move from 1 to 7 if you got 2 other players on top of it?

#10 JCBRAVE, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar