Kamerion Wimbley asked to take Paycut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Im a Titan fan and CAP dollars matter. I could not care less if any front office or coach takes a haircut or gets a raise - cause it dont affect the CAP

and without the CAP there would be no NFL because the big market teams would just simple outspend the small market teams.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

being against a player holding out, that has a signed contract, is in fact a logical stance to make. One of the few times its easy to side with ownership

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I wish I was as unfortunate as Wimbley

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I'm really starting to hate the "if used properly" argument.

"Why did we let Rusty Smith go? He could take over for Locker when he gets hurt if he is used properly."

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You can believe whatever you want to believe and the question wasn't rhetorical, it was meant to be answered. A poster before you managed to answer the question without going into a rage. You're right, I've complained about player contracts before and probably will again but there is a pretty big difference between disliking the nature of player contracts and calling it slavery. But you had no problem making that leap for me. In fact you can do all my speaking for me and whenever I have a question I won't ask it myself. I'll make sure to just run it by you since you are apparently the one who meets out the "serious consequences" around here.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

can't blame any of the new management group for that but that sure know about it

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Nah, that was CJs.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Definitely hope Wimbley takes the pay cut and remains a Titan LB in a 3-4. 6 mil makes no sense though.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nah, CJ at least played well before getting that contract. Wimbley had four sacks against an absolutely awful backup offensive tackle that bumped his season total to seven and the Titans gave him big money as a result. It's like they just looked at the season totals and thought, "hey! this guy is really good!"

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Is Eugene Amano no longer a thing?

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar