Keep Chief Red Hat

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How is it that the Jags "lit us up" on Sunday? They scored 17 points and we forced 4 turnovers.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

C'mon Star. Yardage wise, this was very poorly played. This whole "Bend but don't break" mentality is great to spout AFTER your team has forced 4 turnover and kept them out of the endzone. How many times were the Jags threatning to score this game?

You gotta ask yourself; how many of those turnover were by individual player's effort (on both sides of the ball no less), and how much of it was by design (i.e. was it Schwartz's gameplan that put them in position to make those plays)? I'd say it's a mixture of both, but I tend to give more credit to the players themselves. I do think that some of his playcalling (some very well timed blitzs that I wish I saw more of) were good calls, but I do think that some of the turnovers were performance based (the tipped passes were lucky on some level, and the way Jones broke off the route and stepped up to take the pass was a thing of beauty).

I still feel that Schwartz is not the best we can do. I think we can do better with the talent we have. We still have bad gaps (DL is a mess in some ways, MLB, and FS are needs), but I would like to see someone else in the driver seat so to speak.

3. Obviously you don't realize that they held the Jags to well below their season average for yards per play. They averaged 5.4 yards per play this season going into the last game. We held them to just 4.8 yards per play on Sunday.

They just happened to have a lot of plays because the offense did nothing and we had 3 defensive scores. Plus, with the defense so exhausted, it's amazing they did as well as they did in the 4th quarter. 130 of those yards came in the very end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter against our tired D who were on the field without much of a break for 3 straight drives.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I give them credit for being as tough and resiliant as they were. Being on the field for 45 minutes is absolutely brutal. The run YPA is something I didn't consider, thanks for bringing that to light.

I thought they're performance was superb when all things are brought together. I was more than impressed at how timely they forced turnovers; it showed a real swagger that I haven't seen in years from the defense. The goalline stand which ended with Jones leaping roughly 40 inches to swat that was amazing to me. However, I still have to anaylze the performance, and it wasn't perfect. But

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hahahaha... yeah... that was great...

I borrowed that psuedonymn from GoT... it's his... I'd love to take the credit myself... but hell yeah! Hail Chief Red Hat!!! [​IMG]

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Cheif Red hat is better off wearing a dunce hat, he sucks, we have a good defense, he just happened to stumble into it when changing up some play calling on several occasions, this being one of them

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I think we all can see what our defense has the potential to do. I think most of us understand that they are playing with their hands tied under Schwartz. We can do better, we expect more, we have the players, but they aren't allowed to play up to their potential because of schematic reasons.

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Fisher is the head coach. He oversees all gameplans on offense and defense. If you are going to call someone out, start at the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar