Keeper advice

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Carpy, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I'm in a keeper league with some mates from Australia and need to get my 3 keeper selections in by the end of June. I need to keep 3 from the following. Any advice?

Jay Cutler (Den - QB)
    Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
    Roy Williams (Det - WR)
    Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
    Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)
    Michael Turner (SD - RB)
    Heath Miller (Pit - TE)
    Ronald Curry (Oak - WR)
    Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
    DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
    Tony Romo (Dal - QB)
    Tatum Bell (Den - RB)
    Jeremy Shockey (NYG - TE)
    Michael Jenkins (Atl - WR)
    Drew Brees (NO - QB)
    Kevin Jones (Det - RB)

I would prefer to keep 2 RBs and 1 Receiver, but I am loaded at WR. Not sure what to do.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Addai, Fitz and Roy Williams.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Those 3 would be good... I might consider Cutler and/or Jones-Drew. Addai *might* struggle on an Indy team that suffered the post-SB pick apart. Especially if the defense can't get him the ball, but I still like him in the list. Cutler's got a lot of weapons around him and he's a good fit for Denver's offense, so I see him having a very efficient and consistent year.

If you want to go 2 RB and 1 WR, then Addai, J-D, and probably Fitzgerald. Only reason I might go with Fitz over Williams is that I feel like Det is a little more crowded at WR, but either should be good.

4. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gunny's suggestion is good. I don't have much experience with keeper leagues, but I'd definitely think about MJD, or even Drew Brees as well. He had a great year last year, and should continue as an elite QB. Normally, QBs don't rate that well, but elite QBs should have a higher value. I won several games last year because of brees.

5. I'd say Addai, Brees, and your favorite WR.

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Jones-Drew good for about 1000 all-purpose yards vs us and the colts in those 4 games.

Jones-Drew, Brees, Fitzgerald.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think Addai is the best bet, he has no real backup behind him, and manning is always such a passing threat that other teams can't really stack up against him.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd stash away RBs. I go with Addai, Jones-Drew and one other RB unless you get a ton of points from the QB spot.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if you get points for return yards i would go with jones-drew, roy williams and fitzi. plus, we all know maurice is going to start at least three games at some point playing behind taylor.

10. nouveaux

nouveaux Starter

Jones-Drew, Addai, Roy Williams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar