Keepers For Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

no, not at all, all of my posts are favoring Mett, but the question was asked; "what other 6th rounders did better" and Garcia is the one name who started out better.

EVERY other notable 6th round QB didn't play til year 2 or 3 or later.

2. kenny

kenny Starter

Who are the other NOTABLE 6th round picks?? I am asking for lack of knowledge on my part, not to discredit what you are saying. You seem to well versed in the area, and I am not.

3. kenny

kenny Starter

I must say you have to know your stuff. I was a Titans fan at the time. I do not remember the game. Course we were playing better then and it is much easier to forget those games when you are playing better. Garcia, wow, who would've thought it. LOL

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Matt Hasselbeck (6th), Tony Romo (undrafted), Tom Brady (6th), Marc Bulger (6th), Kurt Warner (undrafted)

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The ONLY real question is how do you define a 'good game?' Locker has played better than that and been ripped for a terrible game.

The REALITY is, Mett has shown both progress and regression.

Progress
    Held the ball less (also had better protection than Balt)
    Made some nice throws (pass to Wash, TD to Chase, sideline deep to Hunter who stepped out)
    Stood tall in the pocket and didn't get flustered with people around him.

Negatives
    Threw a bad pick six on the first offensive play.
    For a guy who is supposed to be accurate, was not accurate on a lot of throws.
    Missed several 3rd down passes he SHOULD have made.
    Was slow to find the open WR (Hagan) throwing it late and behind him. Was a big reason we didn't sustain offense in the 2nd half and kept our tired D on the field.

So while there is progress, we are in the same boat as Locker or CW. Flashes of excellent play, but inconsistent.

I'm a realist so I expect bumps and growing pains of a rookie. but some of his mistakes (simple crossing patterns) he shouldn't be making and are costing us bigtime. How do you call that a 'good' game? It's good experience and more tape and experience for him to learn from but not exactly what I'm looking for in a good game from him!

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

My problem with this is that we've seen it before. We've had rookies play well and then second season onwards they just don't improve or regress.

#76 Gunny, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I know you guys hate him, but if BWW can stay healthy the rest of the year he has Samari Rolle type skills. He's always near the ball, be it penalty or breakup, which says a lot about his coverage skills basically getting his first year of experience. I mean, at least he doesn't give up slant after slant like JMac.....

8. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

With only a 3 game sample for Mett, we can only reasonably expect to see progress, not perfection. To say what he SHOULD have done and that there are mistakes he SHOULDN'T have made is just silly when he is a rookie in only his 3rd game and not exactly surrounded with top flight talent.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I really think this could be different. Outside of Huff, we drafted productive college players that played against big time competition. We didn't draft on potential like we have in the past.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

C'mon.

Jeff Garcia was undrafted in '94, went to Canada, and was a 4 time CFL All-Star, league MVP, and Grey Cup MVP before he came to the NFL. Not your typical undrafted NFL rookie...

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar