Keglar Signs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans sign first draft pick

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

The Tennessee Titans signed their first 2008 draft pick Friday by agreeing to a four-year contract with linebacker Stanford Keglar. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. The fourth-round pick from Purdue University started 13 games and finished with 70 tackles last season. "He is excited to be the first Titan [to sign] and wanted to show how serious he is by signing early," said Keglar's agent, Jeff Chilcoat.

Tennessee has six draft picks left to sign before players report to training camp on July 25.

More...

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

One down five to go.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Cool. Just another sign that the season is getting closer.

I'll be interested to see where he'll log most action in the pre-season. He's certainly got the speed to play on the weak side, but is almost big enough to be Thornton's back-up as well.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Maybe a future starter?? I think he has the potential.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Do we ever pick someone who doesn't have the "potential to be a future starter?" If so, that's stupid.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cool, I'm kind of excited about this guy. Seems like he was a major tackler at Purdue. Played and started solidly for his sophomore,junior,senior college years.

I wonder what the $ is, but for a 4th rounder I'm sure it isn't too significant.

Hey Gloat, and other Big10 followers, got any opinions of this guy? Probably seen him play more than me.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wow! All I was saying is that he has a really good chance from what I've seen and read about him. Way to blow it out of context.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If you're going to make a post, make sure that you actually say something. Otherwise, don't post.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm an IU fan.

He wasn't outstanding in college in any particular area, but he was a decent starter. He didn't dominate though. The FO is banking on his speed and strength, he'll be a bit of a project i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar