Keglar Signs...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

uhh... I'm sorry!

[​IMG]

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Keglar has a better chance than most of our linebacker picks in the last few years. I think he will be better than reynolds, nande, spencer. Nande was a workout warrior type who looked lost from his first preseason snap. Reynolds never had the talent and spencer despite good size and speed didn't seem to fit our system.

Keglar was a good player in the big ten who seems like a good fit and has the speed and quickness to succeed.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

If you were implying that I wasn't saying something with that post, you're wrong. I was posting to make a point about posting. Yeah, let's just keep this going for four or five more posts...

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

When did we get a post officer?

:notworth:

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why keglar was lost in the shuffle.

There were about a dozen nfl caliber linebackers in the big ten this past year. One of them his team mate at purdue cliff avril a 3rd rd pick. Keglar is not a pass rusher he is not a hybrid DE type that would be more suited to a 3-4 team. Avril is that type of player as is shaun crable the Michigan OLB who was drafted by the pats also in rd 3.

5 linebackers from the big ten were drafted and there should be another 5 drafted in the next 2 drafts. Keglar is a standard linebacker type who was solid in coverage and against the run but he was not the type of guy to make a lot of highlight shows.

I see a lot of similarities to a north carolina OLB who was also a 4th rd pick david thornton from 2002.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=60122

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=12569

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

pfft...

"potential to be a future starter?"

drunk posting. drunk in a tub. make of it what you will.

officer.:))

8. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Can I ask something? Why does it take NFL teams in general so long so sign guys they drafted? The draft was almost 3 months ago, training camp starts in just a couple of weeks, and we just signed our first draftee? And not singling the Titans out, I realize thats how it goes throughout the league. But why not start negotiations immediately and get these guys signed earlier? Is there a reason for it, or just kind of the way it goes?

9. smili

smili Starter

I wonder what the plan was when we traded up to pick Donnie Nickey.:ha:

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar