Kendal Wright; Anyone Talking Outside Of Nashville?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrandMajesty1, Aug 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

This is my thoughts, have said it in a few threads.

He's looking for a contract, we know he's got the skill, and he's been staying out of trouble. He should have a good/great season, we'll tag him, then he'll probably walk. That's why I'm hoping we have one more good draft and off season. Make the post season this year, bring back Britt so he needs to perform again and make a SB push next year.

High hopes, but it's possible if this team does what many here are expecting, and we have another good off season.

2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I can see one scenario where Kenny Britt does well this year but doesn't play here after this season.That scenario would be if we put out the word we were going to franchise him then he starts bitching like Cook did about getting paid.Sure Cook was wanting to get paid receiver money being a tight end but i think Britt would start complaining about getting the tag and sometimes players run their mouth so the team will cave in and ship them somewhere else.There is a chance he would probably accept the tag but i would not be surprised if he did start fussing about wanting to be paid.There have been players who were gonna be tagged that raised hell until they were shipped to a new team that would pay them what they want and it has happened just something to think about.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea but Kenny Britt>>>Jared "Which way do I go" Cook

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I've been saying it since the end of last season... It makes the most sense.

If he sucks this year then he's gotta go.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I'm sure KB wouldn't mind making the money a WR franchise tag type money. Obviously he would prefer a long term deal but he's going to make bank being tagged either way.

6. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Kenny Britt in his best season, was not worth franchise tag money. Titans do have a habit of stupid franchise tags.. see also: Bo Scaife.

8. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

All very, very good points....you guys are really the smartest Titan fans I have ever blog'd with in quiet some time....seriously....

9. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I call the sports radio station in Charlotte (WFNZ The Fan) once a week and boast about the Titans. My name is Tennessee Tuxedo when I call in to the station. Trust me, I rep the Titans hard on the air waves in Charlotte.

10. GrandMajesty1

GrandMajesty1 Special Teams Standout

Since when did this thread become a "breakdown" of Kenny Britt, his staying or going here in Nashville....this was a recognition regarding an up and coming wide receiver in Kendal Wright everyone...???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar