Kendall Wright - Happy with pick or not?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2012.

?

Are you happy with the pick?

Poll closed May 4, 2012.
  1. Happy- good pick!

74.4%
  2. Not happy- should've done something else

25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Starter

I'd look at trading up to get Still or Konz in that order, but only if we give up something next year to do so, 2nd for 2nd and future 3rd or 4th type deal

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Let's look at it this way...

If the Titans address all needs in the next few rounds and they strike gold like last season, or they go get Osi, then it'll be hard to be critical of the Wright pick regardless of how I feel now.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Those deals are almost always horrible. Mortgaging the future is never a good idea, and especially not for a team like the Titans that is still a few steps away from the playoffs, let alone the Super Bowl.

If the Titans trade up, it better be with this year's picks.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm on a wait and see approach.

I'm fine with Wright, but I'm not sure he'll be a marked improvement over Washington and Cook. Any success he has will come at their expense.

I think an impact defensive player would help the team more. If we get someone like Devon Still today, I'll be a lot happier with Wright.

5. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Not necessarily. If this year's draft is deep in what we want, you keep this year's picks and trade next.

If there is a guy you want that has a significantly higher grade than what will be available when you pick, trade up and get him. A guy with a low first/high second grade is more useful to the team than a guy with a low second grade this year, and a third grade next year.

I'd love to see us come up and get Still.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I wouldn't say I'm happy, but I don't dislike it.

I'm satisfied with the pick. There was a run on defensive players and the board just kind of fell that way. Sometimes it happens that way when you're picking #20 and beyond.

7. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Im ok with the pick..however I would have loved the pick had we traded down a few spots and picked up a 2nd or 3rd or whatever and then got him

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Wasn't happening. Cleveland would have scooped him up at 22 if we go back any.

9. THE_TITAN

THE_TITAN Starter

Wouldn't have been possible, Browns said they were going to pick him at 22.

10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

The Browns had already traded out to the Pats before we picked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar