Kendall Wright says Baylor had NO playbook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

http://network.yardbarker.com/colle...aybook/10774076?linksrc=home_rg_head_10774076

yardbarker.com

Anyone think this this is a red flag? Or is this somewhat of a common occurance in college? Not to say Kendall is dumb and can't learn from a huge playbook full of plays, however, this is still interesting to me to see how he adjusts especially in his rookie year (although many rookie WR's are ever impact players until year 2 and beyond)

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Jesus christ.

I hope we didn't draft a new VY.

3. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

At least we don't have Fisher here to say he needs to spend 3 years on the bench learning the playbook.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It doesn't worry me one bit. Just because the they had no playbook doesn't mean that every player on the team is a moron who won't be able to comprehend a playbook. I remember everyone making such a big deal of Cam Newton's elementary playcalling system at Auburn. And he sure didn't miss a beat his rookie year.

5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2012/05/11/kendall-wright-adjusting-to-the-nfl-and-a-playbook/

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

He is a WR not a QB. All he has to know is what route to run. He should be fine. It may take him a bit longer to learn the full magilla, but I'm sure they'll have a package drilled into him by week 1.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

He still learned & memorized 300 plays. I'm not concerned.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Memorizing 300 plays is impressive by itself. Not concerned, sure the coaches already knew this.

Redskins on the other hand, may feel a bit different.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Memorizing "plays" is Equal to having a "play book" what's the play book if you don't memorize it? And what does the play book do once you have?

The main goal and question here is seeing how he adapts to the scheme and understanding the ideas behind the plays. Other than that, it won't affect him nor RG3

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

No worry to me. They ran the no huddle off of signals from the sideline. Won't be a problem for him to get the plays down. These guys are professionals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar