Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by satkins2252, Apr 22, 2012.

1. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Very interesting. In response to hearing rumors about the Titans possibly being interested in a WR in the 1st I decided to do some research. Outside of Blackmon the only other prospect I would be interested in in the first is Kendall Wright.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1632385/kendall-wright

If the report is true, sounds like a probowl bound WR. I know there are concerns about his numbers being inflated but his combine and pro day performances support his production. He doesnt look like a big risk, in fact, he looks like a stud. The article compares him to Steve Smith and it doesnt look far off.

We could use him. Personally I think he is more talented and valueable than any of our other recievers with a chance to be more special than Britt.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  2. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I love Wright he would be my third rated WR after Blackmon and Floyd. Steve Smith is the perfect comparison I don't know about more special than Britt but that depends on how Kenny heals from a major injury but still special yes and a huge problem for defense with him Kenny, Nate, Cook, Damian, and Lavelle.

Also has some return value which means later to Mariani and him or Campbell take over.
  3. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Right, return value as well although I dont think we go that route unless absolutely necassary. We will have much invested in him if we take him @ 20. Too much to risk on kick returns I think.

I made the statement about Britt because of injury concerns. Without injuries I think Britt is a top 10 WR. I made the comparison because I could easily see him becoming a top 10 WR as well.

I like him over Floyd because of character concerns moreso with Floyd.

Im glad there was someone with an eye for WR out there. I thought I was going to get bashed for this post.
  4. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Starter

I like Wright and if he's the highest ranked player on the board then I'd be happy with the pick.

The only negative is, due to his height, I kinda see him as a slot receiver. I'd rather have a big receiver like Hill and move Washington to the slot, were he should actually be starting.

Britt---Washington---Hill > Britt---Wright---Washington
  5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

2 words: Alshon Jeffery..
  6. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M"]Boo This Man! - YouTube[/ame]

In all seriousness though, I don't think there's any doubt Wright is the second best WR in this draft behind Blackmon.

HOWEVER, I remember a report last year saying the Titans were trying to decide between taking Fairley or Dalton at 8, so I'll believe it when I see it.
  7. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

So maybe the draft looks like this:

1. Wright WR
    2. Worthy/Reyes/Brandon Thompson/Mike Martin DT
    3. Blake/Molk C
    4. Jake Bequette/Other DE
    5. CB/Trade for Samuel
    6. Duke Ihenacho SS
    7. OLB

But I think we could still get a good Wr in the 4th and possibly get a good DE in the first
  8. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

The problem with Hill is see, hes not good. There are tons of starting sub 6' WR's. Steve Smith and Desean Jackson instantly come to mind.
  9. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

Two more words: is terrible
  10. Titan43

Titan43 Pro Bowler

I could live with a draft like that