Rumor Kenny Britt to the Lions?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LANGSTER, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

not gonna happen

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

OMG I so wish Gut would trim those posts down. Usually he's got some great stuff to say but its always so long.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Wraith

Wraith Starter

If they asked about Britt I'd want to know how much more it would take in Picks/players to get Megatron in return. I'm thinking Britt, Nate, a couple of 1st and a 2nd or two might do it, as to weather we should pay that is a different discussion altogether. I think we have our team in good shape, but I can't help but think that Megatron would open up so much with our run game and other targets that we could give up that much and get the better end of the deal. Not going to happen obviously, but if they inquire about Britt I'd at least ask. The worst they can do to us is say no.

4. JCBRAVE

Thats a great point, I hadn't thought about that.

If we let Britt walk (like everyone thinks we will) we could cash in in by receiving a 3rd or 4th round pick potentially.

Im starting to like this idea because its unlikely we're going to be active in the next free agency.

As for cutting him now and using that money to tie up some loose ends, I say pay Verner. Verner has 3 turnovers in 3 games, plus he's such a likeable guy, he's the kind of player you want to fill your team with.

5. TitansWillWin2

Finally coming along on the verner train now huh haha

6. JCBRAVE

Ive always liked Verner, I just hold McCourty higher because he can play any DB position.

Did you see McCourty close in on a 3rd & 3 and make the stop? Verner as great as he is, he couldn't have done that.

7. TitansWillWin2

McCourty and Verner are both good tacklers. I think Verner wouldnt have had to made that tackle b/c he would have broken up the pass. That was a good play though.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

See, I knew someone would try this.

Which is why I included the very important word "NEED" in there. This way, if you use logic at all, you couldn't spin it.

But alas... here we are.

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I would disagree. Nate and DWill would be fine as our WR's in 2 WR sets. DWill is one of - if not the best - blocking WR's we have. And almost everytime they bring Nate into the formation on a running play, he gets in someones way. He's never gonna blow someone out of a hole, but walling off is good enough...especially since he's Locker's go to guy. Wright is a bit small and not a great blocker from what Ive seen though I havent watched him too carefully this year blocking (we tend to throw with 3 wr sets).

We'll see how 'injuries' keep him out and how his replacements do in his absense.

Gut

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I don't understand the Williams hate, guy has been playing solid football for a few years now.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar