Kenny Britt vs. Pacman Jones

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

You know, Kenny Britt has had seven scrapes with the law. To hear that reminds me of Pacman Jones. I got real fed up with Pacman and was with some of you running him out of here on a rail. Why am I not wanting Britt gone? Is it because he's the best Titans receiver since DMase? Britt would be missed, then again, Pacman was awesome on the field. Maybe it's because nobody has been shot. Blood tends to change things I guess. I just wanted to bring this up to hear the rationalizations or whatever, why one was so unacceptable and why the other is ok.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

A huge part of it is that Britt's infractions have all been relatively minor. Drugs, traffic infractions, etc. Everything has been reduced to misdemeanors so far. As dumb as Britt is, he's getting great legal representation.

Almost immediately after he was drafted, Pacman was getting involved in felony assault cases. Within his first year on the team, he got into a fight at a bar, got arrested for marijuana, violated his probation and tried to punch a cop. Soon after that, guns started getting involved in his cases and (though it was never proven), Pacman pretty much started trying to kill some people.

Britt is bad, no question about it. He's not Pacman bad yet, though.

Edit: Here's the timeline of everything Pacman did. Man, that dude was a turd.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Kenny is no Pacman. Pac was a low life scum bag, Kenny is a decent guy, a little immature, but overall a decent human-being. Kenny Britt reminds me of the R&B singer Chris Brown. Real cool guy, but gets emotional and reckless at times.

4. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Kenny, personality wise, doesn't match up with his trouble. When you hear him in interviews he is very well mannered and always smiles. He comes off as a good kid. He just does alot of stupid things.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Exactly why I say he reminds me of R&B singer Chris Brown. They both look like good kids, but when they get pissed, they start doing dumb sh*t.

I really really hope Kenny gets this drama out of his system before someone gets hurt. Right now all his hardships are self inflicted, and not yet hurting the team we all love, so I can look the other way. But once he misses a practice or a game because of his antics, I'm finished making excuses for him. He's just really good.

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

A lot of the Kenny Britt stuff is dumb. Not checking the box that says you've had your license suspended before, parking your car and trying to walk away when you see lights flashing, etc....

I don't think Pacman is a totally bad guy (he also did some really nice charity type things), but he had bad guy qualities that showed frequently. Kenny Britt just comes across as a moron to me.

7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Like you said SEC, no blood has been spilled...so Britt can redeem himself.

8. amy

amy Starter

Adam Jones has cleaned up his act, is married, and has a kid. If he were involved in anything, the Tennessean would certainly let us know. Jones had to lose the game to find himself, but really, it's a small price to pay.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pacman Jones was the worst case of wasted talent in recent sports if you ask me. He could have been a HOF CB and Return man, he was that good. He was basically CJ @ CB and Return man. Had the speed, jukes and vision to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. Too bad he had ZERO common sense. None. A real piece of work.

As for Kenny, dude just needs to grow up and decide for himself that he wants to be a responsible adult. It's one thing to slack off at work and not take your responsibilities serious when you're a young rich and single kid. BUT Kenny has kids to worry about. He needs to do right by them and that includes taking full advantage of the great opportunity he has of playing in the NFL. He would be in a world of sh!+ if he didn't have the NFL money and he was just another NJ kid trying to get by. I think he gets more of a pass because he hasn't done anything to hurt anyone else just boneheaded mistakes that make himself look bad.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I loved Pacman as a player but man did we get burned by him.

Britt might be the best WR in football soon if he can get his head straight.
    I just don't want to count on a guy again who could lose it in a nightclub thursday before a key game.

I want to root for im but right now I see him as a moron who has to earn my trust again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar