kerney or thomas

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

which one would ya prfer :

Kerney - is a solid DE but is comin off a serious injury to the most importat part of a DE...knee...the burst is everything. however, he is a pure DE and opposite KVB they could do some serious damage together. but also his sack numbers have gone down a bit but it think...while watching him...he still looks really good out there...(but yeah like i said he got injured)

thomas - surprisingly he is younger then kerney...always thought he was older. anyway also he isnt a pure DE but could perhaps make the switch and could even help at LB if we need so. his numbers have been really impressive over the past couple of yrs....but the only question is can he make the switch to DE b/c we need a good rusher opp KVB (he is also of perfect size for a DE too @ 270 w/ a 6-2 frame and also w/ that speed....) although, note that he is playing on the best D in the nfl...and might be not as good as he seems.

in my opinion i think we ought to pursue thomas....he is coming off a big yr and is not on the downfall...still young enough to last...and old enough to teach...not a big mouth player too. i think at that size w/ that speed he is a perfect mold for DE and could compliment KVB power rushing .

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Kerney is coming off a torn chest muscle, not a knee.

I'd like them both but forced to choose between the two it would be Thomas,he's more versatile & has less miles on the clock.

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

lol..haha my bad...ur right it was his pec muscle

4. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Thomas will be franchised, fohget about him

5. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

I think that Kerney would be the better fit. Both will allow us to actually generate a pass rush every now and then, but I think that we need a pure defensive end which is what Kerney is. Thomas is a playmaker, but his main position is linebacker, and I think that we're pretty much set there.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He hasn't been franchised.

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Thomas would be my choice. He would solve a couple of issues at once, I believe.

9. Nine

Nine Starter

Too late....the deadline to tag players was Thursday afternoon. The Ravens didn't do it.

In a few days, Adalius Thomas is going to become a very rich man, indeed.

10. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Kerney. Great fit here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar