Kerry Collins coming in for a visit...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DynamoSupremo, Aug 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Mind boggling. Don't get me started on Collins.

I saw at least 2 DT signed over the weekend. Teams are cutting rosters and we are looking to get a QB? The Jets will release a better backup then Collins. This is not the answer.

2. Sukrillux

Sukrillux Guest

This team's FO is making me go crazy. I thought that maybe this is another rumor and it might still be only a rumor. However, the Titans are willing to pile the backfield with QBs to get hurt rather than protect them in the first place. You wonder why Vince looks better than Volek right now. You also wonder why McNair looked better than Volek the past 3 years. The O-line has been a weak link for 3 years now. It's just that we've had a QB who could get out of the pocket and protect himself and play injured if it came to that. There was a reason that McNair was always getting injured. Now McNair has a great Oline with the Ravens, but he can't throw downfield due to age, injuries, and the fact that the past 3 years have taught him to go short because that's all you have time for. Volek is a deep ball threat. That is why we need a running game to keep the defense guessing. We can't have that until the FO realizes the major issue of finding a few Olinemen that want to win a game or two! Pillar don't care. Just like the play that I watched in slow mo after the game (which I posted in detail in this thread http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=21046). Three out of five Olinemen gave up half way through a run play up the middle! Think about it. When's the last time we have had an Olineman go to the pro bowl? Have we ever? I can't really answer that, because I don't remember. Bruce Mathews was PB material. I digress... :irked:

3. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

I could not agree more. Collins may have experience. But, he doesn't have much GOOD experience. Does anyone remember his behavior when he was with the Panthers. He was badmouthing the team and whining about wanting to be traded. The pin ball game his career has been since shows that he still has almost as much heart as the grinch. And, he couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag, much less the Titans complicated offense. He doesn't have the tools physically or otherwise to contribute to this team. If the Titans actually pick him up, there are no words that would accurately describe how pissed off I will be.:grrr:

4. Blazing Arrow

Young looks better then Volek becasue he is playing a second team D. If Young faced a 1st team D he would struggle.

5. Blazing Arrow

Don't forget on the Panthers he decided it would be a great idea to drop the N bomb with his predominantly black team mates at a dinner. His excuse? He was trying to relate on them ...... :hmm:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've been critical of this OL too but few of McNair's injuries were due to hits directly related to OL breakdowns.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Agree as well.
    However, I don't know that I wouldn't rather see that cap space money spent on the o-line .... or even on the defense.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

If kerry Collins couldnt do well with randy moss, how is he going to help us, im not saying moss is the best or ne thing, but he is a playmaker, and can keep a drive going, im not sure we have a consistent playmaker on either side of the ball, except vince young, who isnt even starting

9. EZpickin

EZpickin Camp Fodder

agreed

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol good one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar