Kerry throws for 40% of Young...in a single game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Vince also has 3 times as many W's

2. alzarius

alzarius Guest

I think they would try but his TD to INT ration is 1 per 2. 2 Ints per every TD can kill a team :(

3. alzarius

alzarius Guest

McNair wasnt throwing ints to dlinemen while going down 2 weeks in a row (luckily one was dropped)

4. alzarius

alzarius Guest

No, what he did last year was amazing. We didnt have this D. He is not doing what he did last season, which is what is throwing a lot of people off. This year, the D is clearly carrying this team

Notice with KC in, our "crap WR's" had decent games? Notice with KC in, tubby had a decent game?

Does that mean we should start KC over VY, hell no, but I dont see how some people get their panties in a bunch when they state the truth.

I dont think it will last though. If we make it to the playoffs, VY will do what it takes to win. IMO, he is learning to read D's and work on being a better passer so that he will be a complete QB.

5. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

In the original post that started this troll led thread it was stated the KC in one game threw for 40% of VY total yards. Well it was 39.8 % to be exact, what the budding statictician didn't revel was that KC also attempted nearly 40% of the passes that VY had for the season also or 36.8 % so the yardage should be around the same amount if the O's are being run the same. With a statical difference of only 3%. The only thing this reveals is what I have been saying all season. VY passed last season poorly when passing short range but in the mid range he was very good. Last season he average over 11 yards per completion which was up there with brady and manning, this season he avg per completion is 9.75 yards per catch. His completion % last season was only 51.5 %, this season it is a very good 64% The coaches have been preaching improvement in the short game and the play calling bears that out when VY is the QB.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A couple of things..

First of all give collins credit for having a great camp and being ready to play. He played well for us and made some great throws to bail us out of that game. Collins does have loads of experience but vince young is our franchise guy and will be our QB for the next 4-5 years and the team will succeed or fail because of him.

What we have discovered with collins in there is a downfield passing threat. Maybe our WRs are not as bad as some thought because we are seeing better production lately from gage and roydell is establishing himself as a #1 type guy. What we need to do is use the same offense when vince is in there. With vince our offense just tries too hard to not make mistakes dinking the ball around where collins gives us a more typical look and teams feel like they can't blitz all the time.

Conventional wisdom on it's ear? Yes one would think it too dangerous to blitz young while collins statuesque mobility would be ripe for the blitz but teams don't blitz collins because they know with him out there they have to cover the whole field because he can make all the throws. With vince teams feel that he can't make certain throws or reads.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Roll,
    Collins had a good game and i am thankful for that, but i have not doubt that he at times overcompensates for his arm, and if given the opportunity as he has proven time and time again, will throw INT's at an in opportune time. The Texans did Blitz him, and he beat him. I am thankful for the game he had, and pray that he have that same type of game if ever called upon again.

The thing about that game plan is NC won't give VY that many plays throwing the ball unless we are playing from way behind, so we have no further than to look than NC to see why we don't try an exploit the 8 man fronts. I figure VY has to do it one time or another, so let's get busy.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The fair opinion you speak of is giving credit where credit is due as well as criticism where criticism is due. There has to be a balance, someone will only get jumped on if their prejudice and quite biased and unfavorable opinions are constantly expressed time,time, time and time again.

9. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

Those numbers are misleading. Our defense and running game won those games last year... no doubt Young had his moments, but it's wasn't what you thought. No disrespect, but either you didn't see the games or you hanging on to Youngs College days. Perfect example... the throws that Collins was making in sundays game... Young would never be able to make, now or ten years from now.

10. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

OK, lay off the bong buddy, the d ranked 32nd last season and didn't win anything. :ha: I will agree that the running game was fine. But I could without much trouble name at least two game VY won. Hou, giants to name two. And he played well in most of the wins. Meryl is this you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar