"Kerry's our starter. He gives us the best chance to win."

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan89, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

TITANS HEAD COACH JEFF FISHER

“You know, I really felt after this week’s preparation this team was ready to play. Obviously we didn’t get it done in the first half. We ended up, when it’s all said and done, got beat in all three phases. Where we go from here? We go back to work. That’s what we do. We go back to work and keep working and we try to win a ballgame. That’s what our emphasis is going to be. Sorry I don’t have anything more enlightening for you. That’s the way it is. It’s not fun. We don’t like it, they don’t like it, and we’ve got some work to do.”

(on if he questions his team’s effort at all) “I’m not questioning their effort at all. They were ready to play. We had a good week, a great session all week. They were ready to play. What happens is when you don’t make plays, the big plays … you know, energy feeds off of big plays. When you get three-and-out and you’re giving up a drive, it’s hard to get energy. We need to make plays. We have a fourth-and-two at the start of the game, and the defense is three-and-out, we get a facemask penalty, give up a scoring drive. Then you get a poor kickoff and you have a horse collar tackle, and field position and things, they just slip away. There are little things that compounded on us today.”

(on if there’s a greater sense of urgency for the team) “This team’s practicing hard, it’s preparing hard, it’s just not winning ballgames. Today we got beat.”

(on if he needs more out of QB Kerry Collins) “We need more out of everybody. We need more out of me. We all need to come back to work. And everybody needs to do a little better job.”

(on what it would take for backup QB Vince Young to get in the game) “Kerry’s our starter. Kerry gives us the best chance to win. There was a little bit of life left. We got some points and if we would’ve got the onside kick, it might have quieted down and he might have put his starters back in. That was my decision today, to stay with him and try to find a way to win.”

(on if he’s looking for something to give the team a spark) “I believe this team’s some potential. I believe this team’s not an 0-4 team. Clearly we’ve got a tough stretch ahead of us, but we’re going to give it our best shot.”

-hopefully im not late posting this

2. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Surely Bud will make the phone call before we sit through another putrid week of this crap

3. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haha

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

so basically Titans have no chance too win cause apparently KFC is the best chance at winning - uuugh!

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

He said the same thing in 06, and also said a player would never lose his job due to injury. Cant believe everything he says.

6. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

This sure does seem alot like my beloved Vols right now. Hey maybe we can use our pick to select Jonathan crompton in the draft so we can continue our ways after Kerry retires

7. titansfan89

titansfan89 Starter

Fish is always there to protect Collins...I know that Kerry isnt the reason we gave up all 37 points, but how can you win games when you have 3 3and outs to start the game? Not to mention 2 picks on the league's worst pass D

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

would be welcome news monday morning

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I wish. Just once. In his century long coaching career. He'd ADMIT the actual problems.

but then again, I guess he'd have to know what the problems are- and I doubt he has a clue.

10. amy

amy Starter

"When you get three-and-out and you’re giving up a drive, it’s hard to get energy."

I have a serious problem with this statement. Is he saying that because they went 3-out on the first possession, that set the level of play for the rest of the game? If so, is he SERIOUS??!! Whatever happened to s**k it up and keep digging? Has that game philosophy gone by the wayside?! Really, I can't believe he said this! I also think that statement is the best indication of what is wrong here. They aren't mentally and emotionally strong enough to come back from defeat. They are wallowing in their failures, and making excuses for it. makes me sick. Did you see the defensive coach for the Chargers at the beginning of their game? He was chewing their butts out for their failures. THAT'S WHAT IS NEEDED HERE.
    Oh, and if we have the best chance of winning with KC, then VY must be really sorry indeed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar