Kevin Carter on list of possible cuts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You know, folks kill me with the whole, "players are out to make the biggest pile of $$$". The NFL is a cut throat business and you have to get your money as often and as much as possible because at the end of your career, you get less than the crumbs.

The big money contracts are hollow and a smoke screen. Look at the number of times Steve McNair has had to restructure his deal, nearly every year since he was signed. In the end, he'll be lucky to get half the value of his original signing deal.

Yeah, yeah, people sputter, but they make an obscene amount of money. Well, that's the nature of the profession. If you work in a hospital the jobs go from nurse tech to physician. At the bottom of the pay scale are the nurse techs and Dr.'s are at the top. Everyone on that pay scale chain wants their fair market value based on the going rate and where they fit in on the scale.

If you've been working at a hospital for several years and you really love the people you work with, you may say you want to retire from that hospital. However, across town there's a hospital who got a huge grant and are able to offer much higher salaries. You get a nice offer from the new hospital to make more money. It doesn't make you a bad person to accept the offer where you make more money. Same goes for football players. They are simply out to make the most in regards to the fair market value.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree. If Kevin Carter is a bad person, then what we had on the team last year were not even humans.

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Reese did not even offer KC a contract last yr. so KC couldn't have been a Titan. It wasn't even an option. That is what made me mad about what happened last yr. Floyd could have saved more cap room by renegotiating Carter than by cutting him. Reese had his plan and that is why he didn't even offer any sort of restructures to Carter/Mason/Rolle. Hate on Reese not KC.

I would love to have KCs leadership. Of course he would have to pull a Bettis and play for near the vet minimum to make it even feasible.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when players restructure they generally transfer non-guranteed money to guranteed money and then the guranteed money is spread over the remaining life of the contract. McNair has not at all been "ripped off" by the Titans. That $13m CAP hit he is on the books for represents $13m in real $ that the Titans have already paid him, but it counts against this years CAP.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree

I am sure KC is a nice guy and a good neighbor, he sure is well spoken on the radio I know that.

Still doesn't change the way he left and signed with the Fish on like the first day of FA.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

poor boy can't live off the 10s of millions he has made over his career?

7. Hoffa

He gives a lot of it away.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Surely he has more then enough for himself.

9. Hoffa

Of course he does.

But what makes him a man of charactor is he doesn't do everything just for himself.
    He's not what you think of when you think of the typical person in his position.
    He should be the model that the young players coming into the leaque should strive to be like,
    instead of trying to be like a thug.

10. Hoffa

I understand where you're coming from, but we've got to put the petty grudges away sometimes.
    It's not something so big we can't forgive and go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar