Kevin Dodd trade, would you?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Aug 28, 2017.

?

Kevin Dodd trade, would you?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2017.
  1. Trade for a 4th?

41.4%
  2. Trade for a 5th

31.0%
  3. Keep until he's 30 and still not contributing

27.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

If the guys you are speaking of are anything like the ones picked in the latter half of the first round(which they most likely are), most were below average players by NFL standards who had more production because they didn't have anyone ahead of them good enough to take snaps away from them. On paper, it looks like Tajae Sharpe had a great rookie season, when in reality the WR group sucked and he more opportunities as a result.

His age is concerning. And he's looked rough. Definitely no debate there. But I'm not losing sleep over missing any of the other guys available, even if he ends up being bad.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ok, I'll bite!

Noah Spence
    Hunter Henry
    Myles Jack
    Chris Jones
    Sterling Shepard
    Kamalei Correa
    Michael Thomas
    Deion Jones
    Tyler Boyd
    Sean Davis
    Jaylon Smith

all better prospects(talent + age +production)

3. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

he's literally played less than a seasons worth of games, & he's just getting back from injury but yeah we've seen enough to know he's another Marcus Smith already..

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Henry and Thomas are in completely different and more productive passing offenses than they would be in here, and have great complimentary players at their positions. They both excel at making contested catches, and Mariota doesn't really excel at those types of throws.

Same with Boyd, but he's even less talented. Shepard produced slightly more than Sharpe, and his team obviously doesn't think too highly of him if they are adding receivers in FA and in the first round of the draft.

Otherwise, I see Chris Jones, who would have been a good one. Deion Jones, maybe, depending on the system. But Kevin Byard was much better than Sean Davis in year 1, so that's no problem.

The others are replacement level players or plain crap judging by their year one play. Were they all better than Dodd? . Most were, but saying any of these guys would improve the team in a meaningful way is just pure speculation.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Dodd played deep into the 4th Q tonight. Either trying to get him in game shape or deciding whether he deserves a roster spot.

I won't be surprised if we go with just 4 OLBers....Morgan, Orakpo, Walden, and Wallace

6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

He's just not an OLB.

I'd rather have both guys that were out there for the Chiefs, Marcus Rush or Okinle, both true 3-4 OLBs with above average special teams skills.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I bet we pick up his replacmemt after rosters cut to 53.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar