Kevin Durant vs Greg Oden

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by DCtitan49, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hansborough will definatly be a top 10 pick when he enters, im thinking the wizards should trade there 1st this year, and have 2 next year, for the possibility to get hansborough.
  2. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

What concerns me about Hansbrough is that he didn't really improve from his freshman to sophomore year, despite the fact that he had a better supporting cast in his sophomore year to take pressure off of him.
  3. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Hansbrough is overrated IMO. Very good college player but I don't see his game transitioning over to the NBA. He's undersized as a 4 but not athletic enough for a 3.

Back to the Oden/Durant debate though. I'm in the minority here. I'd take Durant.
  4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

durant is undersized as a 4 and skinny as a 3, only thing he has on Hansborough is the athletisizm to a whole nother level.
  5. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Undersized as a 4? Durant is 6'10 or 6'11 atleast with freak athleticism. I haven't seen someone like him play college ball like he did this past year in a LONG time. Durant is the perfect 4 with the combo skill set of TMac & Dirk with a splash of KG mixed in. Kid is the truth.
  6. BigRed3

It just sucks that he's going to a market like Seattle. Or Oklahoma City. Or wherever the hell they move that team
  7. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

hes skinny as a twig and will get pushed around under the basket, he reminds me of Amare Stoudamire with the athletism, but he plays to much like a 3-forward, which reminds me of T-Mac. hes definatly not the perfect 4 at all, give him 30-40 more pounds of muscle then he will do well.
  8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

He's just as skinny as KG was coming out of high school which is only a year difference really. Putting 30 pounds on his frame will be easy IMO.
  9. BigRed3

Especially in a league where the Steve Nash/Phoenix Suns style of basketball is starting to get more play than ever, Kevin Durant is a perfect fit to play the four in a run n' gun type offense.
  10. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

yea but when KG came in the league he wasnt a 3-pt shooter, durant doesnt play to his size enough, he plays like he is a shooting guard, kinda like Dirk, Oden is the clear better pick.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.