Kevin Mawae: Vince Young is not a leader

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What "results" are you looking for? Is it playoff wins? Is it beating the league's best? Young has done neither.

You've lost me again. You're okay with Young's antics because it MIGHT lead to a new coach who takes the Titans to the promised land?

I'm not personally upset at all. What I am looking for are results. Young hasn't gotten it done. Fisher hasn't gotten it done. It's time to upgrade both.

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Young's W-L record is enough to put us in the playoffs no matter how you shape it. 30-17 as a starter.

8-2 after he stepped in last year. 5-2 this year when he was playing.

I'd say that's getting it done.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fans seriously need to look at his performance in each of those games, the opponent, and his impact on the game.

To just say "Young is a winner" is just like saying "Fisher is a winner" because he has a W/L record over .500.

Big picture.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I know what your saying but Fisher has coached all of those games...the wins and the losses. Vince Young being inserted into the mix produces win. Vince Young has been the only variable in most of those wins.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Also VY's winning percentage is much higher than Fisher's

6. DJB

DJB Starter

If you have followers then you are a leader

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'd say that too if I didn't watch every single game snap this team takes.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

That's like me saying that VY has never won a NFL game without Fisher as his head coach therefore can not win without Jeff Fisher.

You think like a seventeen year old.

9. Huckleberry

Huckleberry Camp Fodder

98.6 passer rating

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

the man said "big picture" not "microcosm".

what does 75.7 passer rating mean to you?

42 TD - 42 INT's?

54 games in how many seasons? 5?
    (54)(16)=80?

To get this right, the guy either was injured or not good enough to play in 26 games? That's a lot of non-starts for a #3 overall pick at qb.

sub 60% completion rate?
    barely 8K passing yards? in 5 seasons?
    I'm supposed to get all worked up over 1620 passing yards a season?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar