Kevin Walter bummed about being spectator

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Receiver Kevin Walter could hardly wait to make a good impression when he joined the Titans as a free agent in April.

Teammates say the 11th year veteran helped set the tone in the offseason program, and provided immediate leadership.

Walter has been a spectator in training camp, however, after undergoing back surgery earlier this month.

“And I am pretty bummed about it,’’ Walter said. “It is really hard on me to tell you the truth, not being out there. This is what I have been doing a long time and I want to come in and help these guys, but right now it is time to heal.”

Walter traveled to California to have a microdiscectomy on July 18. The procedure removed a herniation of a disc that was pushing into a nerve. Walter missed minicamp practices in June because of the back injury. He initially didn’t think he would need surgery, hoping the epidural he received in the offseason would ease the pain.

But it persisted.

Surgery repaired the problem. Now he needs patience.

Walter, who played the last seven seasons with the Texans after spending his first three NFL seasons with the Bengals, was placed on the team’s Physically Unable to Perform list at the start of training camp.

Coach Mike Munchak said last week Walter could miss as much as a month. Right now, Walter, who signed a one-year deal with the Titans, is still recovering from surgery.

He expects to be able to start rehab soon, however. As for when he’s back on the field: “We’ll have to play that by ear,’’ he said.

“I am absolutely hoping to be ready for the start of the season — that is what I am here for. I am not here to be sitting around,’’ said Walter, who had 41 catches for 518 yards and two touchdowns last season. “This is tough for me. I take pride in my work ethic and doing the little things right. I just want to get out there as soon as possible.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Better get sued to that sitting around thing, cause youre not making this team if youre sidelined, sorry.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Sued or use? Lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I can imagine. Probably sitting there thinking "Gawd, my career could be over."

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oops, nothing gets passed eye glasses with no lenses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar