Keys to the Game: Seahawks @ Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Limit the Run. Shawn Alexander leads the NFL with 1496 yards and the Seahawks are third in the league in rushing. Though he's racked up the most yardage on cream puffs like that Niners, Rams and Cards, the Titans will need to overachieve on Sunday if they are going to have a chance to keep him from his 10th 100-yard game of the season. Much of the effort will need to come from DT Albert Haynesworth who is the main cog in the defensive machine. When he is being disruptive, the Titans defense plays up a notch. This could be a key game for Brad Kassell in run support who needs a big effort. If a case of the tackling whiffs return, it will be a long day.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001229.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I am most interested in watching the matchup between Haynesworth and Hutchinson. If Hutchinson can neutralize BIG AL one on one then we are in big trouble. Jones will dominate whoever we place over him I think, but if we start getting killed on that side then I'd consider playing Long some at DE just to stop the run. Although Hasselback is having a great yr i still think you have to put 8 in the box and stop the run first. If we are going to lose I'd rather make him beat us than Alexander.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Teams have had more success against us running to the other side and away from Bulluck IMO (Sirmon one on one with Alexander will result in a big play for them).
    I agree, we need to put our CBs on the WRs one on one and put 8 in the box. Make them throw the ball. They have decent but not spectacular wide outs.

4. coltman18

coltman18 Guest

Be physical. Put eight men in the box and force Hasselbeck to throw.

Alexander is their bread and butter. Stop him, you win.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Schwartz like to sneak in an extra LB in place of one of the DBs on 1st down. I expect we will see alot of that.

6. johnnybow

johnnybow Guest

I agree about Steve H. Think he's gonna be a ufa this off season, wish we could get him...

7. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

There is some truth to that (in both the Hawks losses, #37 hasnt crossed the century mark), but keep in mind that in addition to Bobby Engram and Joe Jerevicius, Darrell Jackson is going to be back for this game. Plus Jerramy Stevens is having a good year, and averaging almost 13 yards a catch. So just stopping the run isnt enough.

Offensively, the Titans best bet, believe it or not, is going to be throwing the ball, especially to the WRs. The Hawks are going to be without two of their top 3 corners (Dyson and Herndon), and are in the middle of the pack as against the pass. If McNair insists on throwing to the TEs all day, Lofa Tatupu is going to have his thrid straight game with a pick (he'll be the defensive rookie of the year, write it down).

8. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Good points Nigel and Coltman. I don't know about Lofa being Rook Defensive MVP, there's a certain rook LB in Cinci who is mighty good and makes a strong case for that title too.

9. jdee

jdee Guest

A big test for our defense on Sunday. Shaun Alexander comes to town and may be the best back we see this year. We've not fared well against the running game in general this year.

JDee

10. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

If our D plays like they did in the beginning half of the first quarter against the Colts, then we'll be fine. We just gotta capitalize on opportunities Offensively, unlike the Colts game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar