Keys to the Game: Titans @ Chargers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbrlz2787

sbrlz2787 NFL Europe

we have to put vince young in for the main fact that he can scramble
    the chargers defense killed arron brooks on the blitz with 9 sacks.
    i saw against the jets collins holding on to the ball a bit too long.
    VY had quick, accurate passes on his 3 completions.

on D...i think we can contain them to few points...by the end of the season the titans will be known for having one of the best run D's....the d-line and the bulluck/thornton combo will never let up a big run.(against the jets the biggest run was 12 yards...on a WR reverse)....but the d-backs killed the titans that game...tomlinson WILL get shut down and they will prole have to resort to the pass where the d-backs need to step up there game(even thought rivers to mccardell/parker/gates! doesnt scare me too much)...also i dont want to see LT getting big yardage on screen passes.

2. glorify

glorify Starter

That is a horrible stat to figure in. The Chargers were running up the gut. EVERY play. And the Raiders KNEW it. You rip off the same play the whole time and refuse to pass, it'll be stopped.

3. fltitan

fltitan Guest

We must run the ball and eat clock, be very physical, get off to a quick start and put the game on Rivers shoulders. With a late Monday night game and no competion from Oakland they could be ripe for an upset.

4. super_titan

super_titan Camp Fodder

Well if we could score some points and make the Chargers abandon the run. Then with Schwartz's play calling, Phillip Rivers could probably set a NFL record for passing yrds by a QB in his 2nd start.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

^Lmao. That is great.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Are you saying the Titans might be just what the young Rivers needs to get his confidence up? I believe the Titans did that for a another of the Chargers early first-round QB draft picks a few years back. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar