kinda wish we had the swagger back...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TexasTitan24, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm sorry, since when did 3rd person reporting with no evidence constitute facts?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

If it is bunk it doesn't change the facts?

First of all, there are no facts. Schefter has been wrong. A lot.
    Second, if it is untrue then the facts are changed.

Sorry, did you say you were going for a media career? For who? Women's Weekly? Do you not know the difference between facts and speculation? Do you not know what evidence is?
    Oh wait...media career...you guys don't need proof to slander anyone and everyone for a buck.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are accusing one the top NFL journalists of slander because what he's reporting doesn't fit your agenda. Then you say he has no facts? Remember, he reports for the NFL network, which is owned by the NFL. The NFL isn't going to allow one of their reporters to slander one of their players without reason. If I was quoting Joe Anybody from "aholesportsblognetwork.tripod.com/~billybobsgoatfarm" you would have a point.

For the sake of Journalistic Integrity (and keeping his dream job) I doubt Shef would just make stuff up. When there's smoke there's fire. Typically, when someone slanders you, you deny what they are saying. Since no one has denied this report, or even addressed it, I have to assume there is truth to it.

Given VY's track record of mental instability... and reports that he was trying to check himself out of the Jacksonville game in 2008...

and the fact that he said he didn't want to play football any longer... should be plenty of evidence to support Adams claims. Common sense, Logic, or whatever they call it in Australia, leads me to believe that Shef is telling the truth based on Reasonable Suspicion and Probable Cause. It's sad that I have to explain common sense to delusional people.

4. davidsrobbins

davidsrobbins Camp Fodder

is it possible to do that? If so please tell me so I can do that. That dude comes across as an idiot and I am sick of reading his posts.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

[​IMG]

6. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Good post thanks for contributing.

7. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Oh the Vince Young effect.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Good start...a little hypocritical no?

Strong points you bring up

Fisherball never has and never will be exciting. We are a boring team to watch lets face it. Now McNair and George were fun to watch why because we had a balanced attack and could beat you through the air or ground if we needed to. The only thing that created "Fisherball" is a young inexperienced QB and now an old as :grrr::grrr::grrr::grrr: QB who can't move or scare a defense enough to get 8 out of the box. So Fisher comes up with a genius plan of lets draft a ton of RB's and run it down teams throats hold onto the ball and hope they don't score over 14 points while we eat up 45 mins of clock. Well guess what the NFL is changing and we need to change with it from a posession offense to a scoring offense. Of course our putrid pass def. is part of the problem as well but lets stick to the offense for arguments sake.

9. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Don't hate on Fisherball. Flashy and tricky offenses that produce 30-40 points a game may be able to keep the attention span of the average fan but nothing is as tried and true as a smashmouth grind it out approach. What did the 2007 Pats flashy offense do for them? The Giants grinded it out on them, sure we all remember the passing plays but their ball control won it. Can you remember back to the 2002 Raiders? What happened to them? The bucs played ball control with an old QB and the defense did the rest.

Fisherball will outlast the wildcat and whatever offense of the year that pops up (see 2009 Saints in the postseason). NFL defenses usually find a way to ground high flying teams but ball control is hard to stop once it gets going.

I'm sorry it's boring for you but it's got us a lot of wins over the years. I'm kind of a purist. I love a good 10-7 or 6-3 games. Every yard, every first down, every punt can be just a important as a TD.

10. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

[​IMG]

Ubiq, Nicksmith, TitansErick.......enough said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar