King Gives us Some Love...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

We lead the MMQB... damn, an analyst actually saw us play.. The only dude I can think of who used to give us love was Y!'s Silver, but ever since he left, he's been too busy lol

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/09/tennessee-titans-ken-whisenhunt/

Time to Pay Attention to Tennessee
    The Titans haven't been to the postseason since '08, so they're easy to overlook. But an eyebrow-raising road win over a playoff team to open the season should put the rest of the league on notice: Jake Locker and company are here to play (damn right baby!!)

Read on for On Further Review. This week, a look at the team that had an impressive road win and generated absolutely zero chatter in the wake of it: Tennessee. (what else would you expect?)

Of all the impressive results on Sunday, the one generating the least buzz nationally was Tennessee’s 26-10 victory at Kansas City. (The Chiefs, recall, made the AFC playoffs last year.) Did anyone notice that win Sunday? The Titans are such an anonymous group, and they might be headed for the netherworld of 7-9 again this year (could be very true). But it sure didn’t look like that at Arrowhead. (i really hope... )
    McCourty had two interceptions of Alex Smith, baiting him by playing soft coverage on Donnie Avery on a late-first-half bomb up the left side.

@Deuce Wayne
    I don't know why but I thought of your comment when I read this... Tough to say if he was 'always playing soft to not give up the big play' or if he was baiting him. We tend to agree on most things, but I feel you've always been too hard on J-Mac... We can do SO MUCH WORSE at CB1....

Anyway, I can keep doing this, but I'll get told off if i paste too much from the link lol.. Check the article.

#1 titan_fan_4ever, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
    • High Five High Five x 4
  2. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

About time.....Titans have arrived!!!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Titans are here and ready to win, but we haven't arrived yet.

Its that type of thinking that turns easy wins vs bad teams into trap games.

• Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  4. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

Coach Whiz will get them ready. :headbang:

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

settle down ladies

the secondary is still questionable, wait until we face a WR group where Donnie Avery isn't the #1

then maybe we can talk

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

KC was missing so many players that it is hard to look into this game that much. I think DAL will be a bigger test on the D (although the offense should have another good game).

If we can get past DAL, then the Bengals will be the 1st real test IMO

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

i believe he will

8. titan_fan_4ever

Harrison - NFL.com - Power Rankings

23) Titans
    Called this victory in last week's Game Picks, but I don't want to give myself too much credit. Also called effective play from Jake Locker, but what's the point of a man relentlessly patting himself on the back? Oh, and did I mention that I picked Tennessee to sneak into the playoffs? OK, if I get that one right, you must refer to me as NostraTitanus. What do Titans faithful think? Was this impressive road win a sign of a playoff run to come? Let me know: @HarrisonNFL.

Insert "Playoffs?!?! Playoffs?!?!?" video lol

9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Jmac still gets beat too easily on slants and come backs. Though he is normally there to make the tackle which is good.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. titan_fan_4ever

ESPN's Power Rankings - "Mike & Mike":

19)
    The Titans handed Chiefs QB Alex Smith his second three-interception game in the past five years. All three of Smith's interceptions came against Tennessee's four-man pass rush.

Interesting point there....

Also in the video, one of the Mike's say this:

"Let me give you two more, one too low and and one too high. Too low are the Titans @ 19. The titans are MUCH better and the league is sleeping on Tenn, or at least the fans are. If the QB stays healthy, they are gonna be good"

:)

#10 titan_fan_4ever, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar