King's Power Rankings- Unexpected Praise...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

but you also have to factor in our crappy defense.

2. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

we didnt loose as much as the colts did on defense....

our defense is gonna step up, our line will stay healthy, Kyle Vanden Boosch will get 10+ sacks. our LB core is gonna rape with Kieth leading the charge, Hope and Griffin will eventually end up playing side by side, and be the best saftey combo in the NFL, Harper will shut down, while finnegan is still rising...

one of those things is bound to happen, if not all of them.

i see our offense ranked 14th in the league finishing the season, and our defense ranked 17th.....

that is a huge improvement...

3. Fry

we didn't have to, we were already dead last in the league....

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

here come all the negatives about YOUR FAVORITE TEAM!!!

yes, your probably thinking your being realistic, but stop whining, please, all ive heard since ive joined this site,

"MR sucks boo hoo"

"were just like pacman, going down"

"we need weapons, fisher is an idiot, WOW Front office, could you screw up anymore?"

"boohooo im whining because we didnt get michael turner"

"whine whine because donte stallworth is a Patriot"

"lendale white is eating to much boohoo!"

your a titans fan, start acting like it, stop discouraging our team, and maybe say someting positive for a change......

im not only picking on you bigtitan. but this is getting annoying, i cant come on this site without seeing one complaint....

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

King is a schmoe.. Detroit ranked over Cincinnati? I'm sorry.. NO
    Too many NFC teams listed towards the top.
    I want The Titans to do well but he's all over the place with this list..

These lists are funny in that they change every week.. hmmm..

6. Fry

show me where we improved our defense.

was it our lack of getting a quality rush end opposite KVB? was it losing our best playmaker? or is it drafting the second best S in the draft to play him at a new position just so everyone's favorite FS can still be a starter?

im not so worried about the offense. i like our o-line. we had three backs average over 4.0 YPC and two of them are still on the roster(white and brown). im not too torn up about losing wade and bennett. neither of them are irreplacable and frankly i think they're easily replacable.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I can't possibly see us having a worse record than last year. In fact I'm fairly sure we're gonna be significantly better.Who were the five surprise stars of 2006? If you ask me it was Young, Bironas, Finn, Hall and the O-line. All still with us.

Henry hadn't done crap in years before this O-line started gelling and Hall joined the squad. You think a Chris Brown out to prove, a Lendale a year wiser and an all guts competitor like C. Henry cant replace his production behind the same line and bruiser fullback?

Wade will easily be replaced by Davis. I cant BELIEVE he got paid what he did!

Bennett's less than extraordinary production can certainly be replaced by Jones, Givens, Paul Williams, Gage or Roby.

Sirmons departure is an upgrade. The Titans obviously see something special in Fowler and the competition with Tullouch should be a blast to watch.

Pacman was a playmaker but overall our secondary should be greatly improved with the additions of Harper, Herndon, Scott and Griffin.

Special teams is a wash since we lost a great return man in Pac but gained some great special teamers in Scott, Fowler, Herndon, Gage and the punt blocker Griffin. Henry, Davis, Roby or Finn will step up in the return game till Pac gets back.

Overall I think we had a quality offseason. Do you remember how much of a problem Stallworth was in NO? Was Turner really worth our first knowing full well he'll be available next offseason? Don't even get me started on the Nate Clements money!

GO TITANS!

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Wake up it's the real world not everything is perfect and not everyone looks at the glass half-full.

The truth is the Titans aren't perfect and we do have weaknesses and some bums on the roster. I'm optomistic but at the same time realistic I say 9-7 is my best guess on our record I like our chances to make wildcard.

Colts -Lost a lot of FA's on the Def. side like Doss, Harper, David, June. They were some of the better players on a weak D which I was happy to see go. Stokley is also gone even though they got Gonzo and the Off. is aging. Teams don't usually follow up a SB season as well and with all this turnover a sweep is very possible since our D only shows up when we play the Colts.

Texans - Same old same old. We will sweep them since VY wants nothing more than to beat them into the ground to prove a point. They have a weak D and O. Off. Line is no better which is good for us especially since Schaub move about as well as a 60 year old with arthritis in the knees.

Jags - We never seem to play well against them for whatever reason. The D is stout which means our D needs to step up big time when we play them and the Off. needs to find a running game our we will be handed a L. We need to win atleast 1.

If we could go 5-1 which is tough no doubt but not outta reach we are a def. wildcard team but the sched. is tough but I like it that way VY needs to play the best to get better as well as the rest of out team so we are ready come playoff time.

9. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I also see a improvement this season for VY in a big way. The record might only be slightly better say 9-7. I also read further in the king article, on down it talks about the Vick dog fight and some of the stuff that was/is going on in that "world" is shocking. It speaks about how the losing dog would either be killed in the fight or if it backed down it would be put to death in various ways that in truth are about as evil as I have ever heard. These people are not right and if Vick had anything at all to do with it he should never play again and spend many years behind bars.:irked:

10. Nine

Nine Starter

When your secondary includes Lamont Thompson and Reynaldo Hill and you replace both of them.....that's an improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar