Kinney has Surgery on Knee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: TE Erron Kinney, already on injured reserve for this season, recently had microfracture surgery on his knee which will take anywhere from six to 10 months to recover from. "Hopefully by the time the offseason comes around, it will be behind him," Coach Jeff Fisher said. "Different players have had it and come back, and come back nicely." Microfracture surgery involves chipping the bone around the knee to make it bleed, and promote healing. There was talk that the seven-year vets knee injury could end his career. "We were concerned," Fisher said, "but since the surgery, we are much more optimistic."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. lets trade him, troupe and scaife are better IMO

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I was told by someone who works with Elrod that when they went in to scope him in August that the knee was a mess. He told me then that Kinney was probably done. Microfracture surgery is a last ditch effort. I doubt we see Kinney on the field again.

4. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Define "a mess".

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Really? Troupe is better? The guy hasn't performed at all this year, I'd gladly take Kinney over him at this point. Scaife has a pretty good bond with Vince. Not a flashy player, but a solid one, just like Kinney. Troupe shows his greatness occassionally (did you guys tear up a little when he jumped over that guy after the fumble recovery?), but he can't be relied on.

I hope we get Kinney back. The big man may not be fast, but he always falls forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar