Kiper predicts offensive ROY for britt!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He picked robert ayers for defensive ROY for the broncos.

His argument on britt was that britt runs the best routes in the draft and will produce right away. :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Titans OL won't hurt his chances either..

3. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

that's pretty cool, but Mel Kiper is still a douchebag...

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

He just compared Tim Tebow to Frank Wycheck when talking about next years draft. Says some team will draft him as an H-back/TE hybrid maybe 3rd round.

5. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Means nothing to me, Kiper is an idiot. Denver is going 3-4 defense, and picked a 4-3 DE in Ayers, doesn't mean good things.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This is actually bad, knowing how wrong Kiper typically is.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Further proof that McDaniels is a nutbag..

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

This is a bit ridiculous.

Ayers doesn't know how to cover anyone so I don't see him getting a lot of playing time at rush OLB except on 3rd and long and its not like he was a sack artist in college. I think Ayers is more likely to play DE and help defend the run. Orakpo or Brown will likely get more rushing chances...and that's just DE's. There are a slew of defensive players who I think will have better chances...mostly because of what they do well and the situation they're in.

For Offensive ROY...we are a run first team. Is Britt gonna beat out Wash for #2? I doubt it. But even if he did...how many catches did Gage (our #1) have last year...40? How many catches did a Brandon Marshall or Avery or Eddie Royal have their first years? Frankly, I think there is a slightly better chance that Cook wins before Britt does. Cook is a passing mismatch that even the Titans are drooling all over...and we LOVE to throw it to our TE's!

I haven't looked at where everyone has gone to yet, but ya gotta think Hakeem Nicks alone will likely start for the Giants and get many more chances than Britt.

Gut

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

10. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I was thinking, with this draft we improved our offensive capability immensly. I mean CJ, Lendale, Scaife,Cook,Britt, Gage, Washington, Hawk wow. But I was wondering exactly what everyone's role will be? Hopefully we didn't draft more than we can use. I'm sure Gage has to think he earned the #1 role last year (even though he didn't have that great a year by NFL standards), we signed Nate W. to a fat 6 year deal, drafted a WR first round, and parted with a 2nd round pick next year to get an explosive TE/WR in Cook ( this guy comes across as somewhat raw from what I've seen and may be more of a project). Now either some people are gonna have to go( I'm looking at you Chris Henry, Chris Davis, Paul Williams), or someone isn't gonna see much playing time for a while. I also forgot about the all-american Javon Ringer from round 5. My goodness, looks like the coaches have a lot to sift though depth chart-wise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar