Klug

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mitch86, Mar 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Career... He's good for about 1.5 tackles per game, and about a couple of sacks per season. Has had 2 each, the past 2 seasons. He is worth next to nothing, and really hasn't done anything of note since his rookie season in 2011.

I'm sure if the titans want him, he will be available.he just won't be worth much. There are probably 50 defensive players on the market that could outperform him, even on limited playing time.

I know he's a fan favorite, but he really has been a 1 season wonder, and that was 4 years ago, now.

The new scheme did not help him or hurt him, he's just a fringe guy, I like him, but I could take him or leave him.
    After 4 seasons, if you can't really make a mark, then you aren't likely to, at all. He hasn't progressed since his rookie year. He's regressed, to be honest, plus he is not suited for a 3-4,

I'm not sure that warrants anything more than a vet minimum,1 year "try to make the roster" contract.

I think this should be a year to trim the fat. If klug is worth keeping, then cool.. If not, I completely understand why. Too much dead weight on this roster.

Is mike Martin ever going to see the light of day again? If not, get some new players in, who may make a real impact. Time to stop D--king around with these players. Poop or get off the pot.

I don't know if every team gets these 1 year wonders like the titans do. But they sure have a lot of them.

#11 nickmsmith, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

I'd see what his market value is and then make a play for him. He produces. Slight frame tweeter but worth having around

3. nickmsmith

He doesn't produce on the stat sheet.He may produce in the "Derrick Morgan school of DL production," but not in many tangible ways.

If he went to free agency after his rookie year, he'd probably have signed a nice sized contract with a 4-3 team. Unfortunately for all of us, his playing time and productivity have mostly nosedived every year since. Now, IMO, he would be a "camp body" signing for another franchise.

Not breaking into the lineup often for this poor team is certainly not a good sign for other GMs.

Silver lining is that the price should be bargain bin, if they think he's worth signing again.

#13 nickmsmith, Mar 12, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

In Klug's defense Gray was a joke of a coach and his DL rotation was pathetic yet Klug made impact plays when given playing time. Last year everyone sucked. He should be brought back for depth because he can play and is more versatile and cheaper than a lot of other options out there.

5. nickmsmith

And a challenge to all the people saying he produces.. Please explain how. Sorry to play devil's advocate, but what has he brought to to improve his team, other than his rookie season, that is worth keeping?

Don't let rose colored glasses tint what a player really brings. If someone can bring out some "pressure" stats, that I've seen brought up before, I may change my tune. But the eyeball test (he's a ghost. Almost forgot he was on the roster) plus the stats, show a player that is just not valuable or productive.

I liked Locker as a guy, and I think Klug has a good motor and is a hard worker, but there comes a time that you have to justify your existence.

This is not the season to be holding onto albatross,if there is any on the roster. After this past season, every position, every player (besides Walker) should be put under a microscope.

#15 nickmsmith, Mar 12, 2015
  6. nickmsmith

I can get behind that, but Gray should not have a huge impact on Klug. Klug was pretty much a pass rush guy, and gray's real problems were with scheming the LBs and DBs. And everyone sucking on the DL last year is true.. But that should be the perfect time for him to shine.

The cheap depth answer is one I can get behind, unless they feel like they found a better alternative. In FA, UDFA, or the draft.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when the Titans cut Klug late in TC he will still be local and available when 2-3 DL go down by mid season

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar